Kid invited to The Junior National Young Leaders Conference. Need fundraising ideas!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Nov 10, 2010.

1. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

If your child scored in the top 5% on any standardized test such as Iowa, CogAT, EOG, then she is eligible for Duke TIP, Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth, etc. Check out the requirements and register. The Johns Hopkins registration fee was $35 last year for 4th graders. You may need to get a school code from the guidance office. The Duke TIP application was easy.

Just because your child is invited to take the SAT doesn't mean you are registered for TIP; read all the info from the school. TIP does offer scholarships based on your income. My 7th grader received $2700, so all we had to pay was $600. If your child receives a perfect score on either the math or reading section, then she will get a full scholarship for one session at Duke TIP.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Actually, I did not buy the Who's Who book. At 12, my son thought it was the greatest thing in the world. Upon researching, it was deemed another "feel good scam". The thread is probably here somewhere.

3. Cleopatra

I don't understand ~ if you qualify for the scholarships, why you won't take advantage of them?

4. Cleopatra

Absolutely, and the Duke TIP invitation will be sent from them - it is not something you sign up or register for AFAIK.