La Piazza in Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

True, and even adding a location does not always make the search more accurate.

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

My understanding is he will have an abbreviated menu-not offering all the dishes he does at the 42/50 location and is expecting to do more business with pizza, subs and basic Italian dishes. But that's just what I've heard.

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. That's too bad. Clayton doesn't really need another place that's mainly pizza & subs.

I do think under that premise, he could have gone with LaPiazza Express or something like that, but that's just my opinion.

4. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

anthony's at wal-mart shopping center in clayton. "coming soon" flier in mail today. last time i was in the area no sign of construction. has any work been done?

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I drove through there about 2 weeks ago, and it looked like they were doing the interior up-fit, I could see they were modifying interior walls, etc. It looked like he is taking the 2 spaces next to Pottery Camp.

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Guessing you mean these places?

Attached Files:

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Nope, its actually the two on the left side of Pottery Camp as you look at the storefronts. I just drove by there again today, and the first door has "Anthonys <something>" written on the glass in red marker.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Just a guess here, but since the new place will be different and not so much a sit down Italian dinner place, using the name LaPiazza would make people assume the same menu, etc., would be the same. What i understand the new place will focus more on pizza, sandwiches, etc., instead of the sit down full Italian menu La Piazza offers.

9. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Anthony's next to Lone Star in Clayton had "bar" light blinking tonight. I could see white table cloths on tables. Are they open?

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Someone asked him on Facebook on Thursday, he said he was just waiting on one final inspection.

11. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Just went by and YES< OPEN TODAY> It's actually a pretty nice place, not just pizza and sandwiches. AND .......if you go today, you'll probably get to see ANT-NEE !!!!!

Best of luck to them!!!!

12. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

OPEN NOW!!!

13. AngieS

AngieS Member

Good, we need more unique places to eat here.

14. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

I AGREE.

15. gcoats3

Great news. We had heard it would be pizza. Hope it is about same menu as Hwy 42 and 50 location. Save a lot of gas.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We just went there for dinner! DH had lasagna that was really really good and I had the antipasto salad and a side order of meatballs, awesome!!! He has a dinner menu and a lunch menu, the dinner menu doesn't have any sandwiches or pizza except for a few specialty 10" personal size pizzas, but it does have a lot of his entree's. We took a quick look at a lunch menu on the way out the door, it had the pizza's, rolls, sandwiches, burgers, salads, etc. Same as LaPiazza, everything is made fresh, so it takes a little longer, but his food is so worth the wait! Ant said they hardly keep anything pre-prepped except for have the meats cut and sauce made. We recognized a couple of the waitstaff, Keith was bartending, Ant was out front, we really had a nice time up there. He's using his fresh-made mozzarella down there too! :)

kaci likes this.
  17. gcoats3

Anthony's is open in Clayton. Dined there last evening with friends. Transition inside from Andy's to Anthony's looks very nice. Good food, friendly and efficient wait staff. We will return.

18. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Went last night and it was FANTASTIC! Warm bread, homemade salad dressings, spaghetti with marinara was AMAZING! So glad it's more convenient for us now.

barney726 likes this.
  19. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Went there for lunch last weekend with some friends. It was alright. It was like 1pm and we were the only ones there. There must have been 10 employees just sitting around though.

Food was decent, we ordered some Mozz Sticks and it said 6 on the menu, but they only have us 4. They said they didn't know the menu said 6, so they went and cooked a few more. I didn't think it was anything special, but I guess I was spoiled when I was younger living next to NYC and all the great real italian places there.

20. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

dined at anthony's several times. i believe the last time we had a inexperienced wait staff. not a good expeience but we will return.