La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

For the last bloody time I do not own Marco's. Holy hell. How thick can you get? I do not know any of these owners. All I know is that the people that make pizzas at Two Cousins are different from the ones at La Piazza. Are you telling me its the same guys and they make the same exact pizzas? If so they are defying laws of physics. So don't say you know La Piazza must have good pizza because Two Cousins does. One MCD's may have better quality than the other down the street. But they are still the same company. Get what I mean? I simply stated my opinions. In actuality you cannot say either is better. Because your tastes may be different than anothers. I would go to Marcos first, then Two Cousins, then La Piazza, and finally Grand Street if I had to choose a place to get pizza. I hope my opinions don't offend anybody. but it seems most of you get offended everytime I say that I am not a fan of La Piazza. If anything you sound like a defensive owner.

That being said all of you must own La Piazza. Since were using that kind of logic and all...:boxing:

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I don't and have never eaten there.

3. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

So what time do y'all close tonight at Marco's?:lol::jester:

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I hate to say this...because I love Two Cousins, but I had the pizza (take out) at La Piazza for the first time a couple months ago, and did not like it at all! I haven't eaten in there yet, but would like to. I love italian, but every time we think about going, we have the kids, and we're not really dressed for that kind of place. I haven't eaten at Two Cousins in probably a year, but have had their pizza many, many times before then and loved it!

For the record, had Marco's twice, pizza once, pasta once, liked it ok both times, didn't enjoy the restaurant though, it was way too hot in there. But I did hear they got the a/c fixed though, so might go back sometime. Hubby didn't really enjoy it though, so probably won't be anytime soon.

5. seabee

seabee Guest

tried their pizzas twice, as opinions goes everyone has one and they all stink. But I think the pizzas are rubbery due to cheese and just don't taste good.

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

there is no 'dress' for in there, and every single time I have been there were plenty of rug rats in there.

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Good to know. It looks like a nice place, and we didn't want to seem out of place. We didn't mind taking the kids, just wanted to be dressed appropriately! It's kind of funny, the place is literally a mile from the house, we couldn't wait for it to open, and now that it's here, we've never been!

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

you can dress nice or you can dress casual, any attire fits in. and kids too. and this time of year, its nice to sit outside.

9. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

Grand Street pizza on 1010 has been a disappointment to me. I've never thought the pizza was very good. The dough is kind of rubbery, and the sauce isn't very flavorful. The strange thing is that the pizza is great at their location in Knightdale.

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

The energizer thread - it just keeps going, and going, and going....

11. le

le Well-Known Member

^^Ya got that right Cleo but I think Jeepgirl's Roma truck comment summed it up nicely (if only that would be enough to shut it up too)!

12. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Does all this even come CLOSE to answering your question, Bucky?!!!! :)

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I've been there twice and enjoyed it both times. One time was dinner with the fam, the other time was pizza/salad with the kids during the day.

14. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

I love Grand Street Pizza. Love it. We never eat in, always take out. But the rest of my family likes Papa Johns. So I get out-voted a lot. Can't beat the convenience as far as where we live. My only complaints are that they close too early and are closed on Mondays so several times I've had to go with a different pizza place. Like any food, it really just comes down to personal preference.

15. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I do Love Grand Street and 2 cousins. I have not yet made it to La Piazza.

16. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

I was waiting for you Cleo. Where ya been? Most traditional italian places are closed Mondays to give the owners/family a little break. I imagine that 7 days a week would be very difficult to keep up for a long period of time.

I don't understand why you can't eat pizza at night at La Piazza. Anyone care to explain?

17. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

I would like to know where u get your info from.........................You most certainly can eat pizza at night at the restaurant.

You also stated we don't carry subs & we do..............you are putting a lot of wrong information out there & you really need not to say things that you have no proper knowledge of

18. seabee

seabee Guest

geez omni what are you doing, you can't get anything right.

19. PAULIES

PAULIES Guest

OMNIONE, So i was just wonderin how your uncle Nino is doin, last i remember la piazza is a restaurant and not a pizzeria i figured you would no the difference since nino and the rest of your uncles had nice restaurants. Most pizzerias close on mondays in italian tradition i dont no about that but last tradition i heard is close on sundays for church and the family thats real tradition you must have bin in florida too long.:nopity:

20. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

So Omni, how'd y'all do tonight at Marco's? What's the special right now?