La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

Oh yes. Quite fine.

2. whats4dessert

whats4dessert Member

Hehehehe your avaitar made me laugh OmniOne1...I needed that this morning. :lol:

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

La Piazza is in the Lowes shopping center. Marco's is at Turner Plaza. 8)

4. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Grandstreet has the best pizza, no question

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

We tried them for the first time last night. It was ok, not that impressed - not sure I'd get them again - unless we tried something different. :?

6. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Haven't tried them yet. Stopped in a couple of months ago and asked for a "half and half" pizza. and was told they didn't do that. Went to Papa Johns who was happy to do that. I'll be back one day, I guess....

7. seabee

seabee Guest

Yeah right.... lousy.... rubber cheese....

8. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

rubber cheese? its called mozarella, you wouldnt know a good pizza if i slapped you in the face with it

9. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

roadrunners off of 70 has really good slices too

10. seabee

seabee Guest

I know Pizza... so don't go assuming things you don't know anything about.

11. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

im sure you frequent the pizza inn

12. seabee

seabee Guest

Nope, I can assure you I have been to many many many Pizza joints thru the years that covers a majority of different areas in this country and others. So I know myself what a good pizza is... Grand Street is not even close. I would take a frozen totino's pizza before Grand street.

as in everything else everyone has their own tastes and opinions... mine comes knowing I have tried over a hundred different pizza joints..

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What did I say about stirring up the Pizza snobs???? :lol:

14. seabee

seabee Guest

LOL,,,,

15. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

so in your opinion, whats the best pizza in the area?

16. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Wow that is a lot of pizza joints! I have lived in 10 different states and don't think I have been in that many pizza joints. We always seemed to find a favorite in about the 2nd or 3rd try taking local's recommendations. Maybe I don't know jack about pizza.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think that's what bugs me when these thread take these turns. Taste is subjective and it depends on how and where you were raised. I think it's pretty pretentious to assume that your own opinion is the best. Heck, I had a personal pan at Pizza Hut the other day and it tasted great. Coulda been because I was starving, but I don't see the point of degrading what someone else may like. Oh, and yes, the sanitation grade has vastly improved since the thead I posted a couple months ago. :lol:

18. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

:iagree:
    We noticed that the other day. Now if they could do something about the worn out cushions in the booths.

19. seabee

seabee Guest

there are several in the area I do like Venero's, Marco's, La piazza, are good
    Cinero's I think it was at Rush hour karting but they didn't last that long there. Randys pizza in Durham.

20. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

so 2 places off of hwy 42 in johnston county are included in your best pizza joints in the area. interesting.