La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'd add Primavera over at White Oak to the list too, they have a good pie.

2. seabee

seabee Guest

You are correct, I forgot about that one...

3. seabee

seabee Guest

Well if you want I can include Alaska, Maine, NH, Mass, Fla, Miss, Calif, Ohio , Pa, Ill, Puerto Rico...

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Why is that interesting?

5. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

no I said in the area, you know, the triangle. I just figured coming from a worldly pizza tasteer like yourself that you could name some pizzarias that arent in a bowling alley or off of hwy 42.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Heres more outstanding pizza ... Piccola Italia at Cameron Village and Franks on New Bern Ave (the owners are cousins)

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

there is no better pizza in this area than Lilly's on Glenwood and second to that is Mellow Mushroom and coming in third is Moonlight.

You'd have to get outta the county to get the good stuff around here...IMO.

8. seabee

seabee Guest

which one is in the bowling alley???? I pointed out a few in the area of 40/42 and one in Durham, there were certainly more which was pointed out that are good, and there is Bella Monica in Raleigh also. Now if you need more listings open up the yellow pages and flip away....

9. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

We like Andy's Pizza on Millbrook Road in Raleigh.

10. seabee

seabee Guest

yep another good one... they had burned down years ago...

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I remember hearing that in the news. Another good one that burnt and didn't reopen in the same location was Vincents (they had moved into the building that used to be the Kenny Rogers Chicken on Capital Blvd @ Tarrymore Square shopping center). After their fire, they moved over to a new location in North Raleigh.. I miss their calzones and stuffed pizza! Vincent reminded me of a great uncle of mine.

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

oh yes, forgot about them....outstanding. and they aren't 'burned down'.

13. seabee

seabee Guest

No they aren't burned down, I said they were quite a few years ago, maybe like 10 yrs ago I think.

14. seabee

seabee Guest

Ole Vincent's yes remember that one, he had the italian music going and he was around there the 2 times I ate there walking and talking to people.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Actually, the best pizza I've had in a while was at my own house. Made dough from scratch and let it do it's thing for 24 hours before baking it on a pizza stone. It was awesome. Can't wait til weather gets a bit warmer, because we are going to do some on the Big Green Egg. YUM!

16. seabee

seabee Guest

I'm sure of that... mmmmmmmm good

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

We went last night for the first and we (3) all thought it was very good! Large portions on most things, we all brought home leftovers. Nicely decorated! Of course they were a bit busy (to be expected for a Fri and VD weekend too). The funny thing to us was - we felt like we were somewhere up north, all the staff semmed to have an Italian jersey accent..:lol: We'll be back!

18. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

i did love how it was decorated too! i even asked KB.....do you think they will miss if i grab this or that? LOL!

19. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I agree! I usually have enough leftovers for a couple of lunches. Also, I'm working my way through that list of martinis, I like them all so far. ;)

20. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

martinis.....mmmmm......yum!