La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

If you want to save some money, go to www.restaurant.com and you can get a dicounted certificate for them....right now the site is running a VDay special, 60% off...just enter treat when you go to checkout. The certs are good for 1 yr, so get 'em now, and use 'em later!
    We used one last night! :)

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Me and the family went to La Piazza last night because I was being lazy:mrgreen:

First I want to say that I LOVVVEEE their pizza, but we didn't order pizza last night and it was a big mistake!!! :?

I got a dish that was suppose to be a marsala wine dish and could barely taste the marsala!! The zucchini served with the dish was bland, the potatoes looked like they belong in a pig troth. DS#1 got alfredo and it was lumpy, dry and bland. (Ragazzi's is better). The bread they serve on the other hand is awesome.

In the end I was disappointed with the overall meal espcially when I got the bill for all four of us at $54.00. Then to top it all off they couldn't or wouldn't accept the Visa Gift Cards I was going to pay with, which by the way I used less than 10 minutes later at Dairy Queen and they worked just fine. Next time I will spend $20.00 less and go to Ragazzi's. :?

3. seabee

seabee Guest

Well thank you for all that,, glad to hear your adventure was good. :jester:

ramain noodles here with out of date bread.. I'm hungry todat though. :jester:

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm having left over ribs for lunch :mrgreen:

5. seabee

seabee Guest

I'm looking now for what scraps there are, half a hot dog would work, or the bun.

6. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Geesh... do you need a meal cooked for you?!?!?! :neutral:

7. seabee

seabee Guest

yes when and where..... :jester::jester: Hell I can't even find a cookie anywhere...:jester::jester::p:p

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

"nuking" the last two Carolina Packers hot dogs we have in the fridge for lunch. No chili, no slaw..just regular ol' mus-My Friend and using two slices of bread in lieu of buns.

Gotta go to the grocery store. 8)

9. seabee

seabee Guest

throw some cheese on that dog... mmmmmm

10. 4Christ

4Christ Well-Known Member

My kids and I ran over there to eat after they got haircuts at Headquarters...

We waited a while, and I cringed a lil at the bill, but the food was decent. I will never go back though.. our waitress was so rude..unreal...

11. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Could not find La Piazza on the list. What zip code do you use?

12. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Wow, I have always found the waitstaff there to be polite, friendly, and efficient. Did you say something to the manager? I'm sure they would want to make it up to you.

13. seabee

seabee Guest

Do you have a link so we all know your for real??? :lol:

14. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

KDS,

Seems that the service there is pretty much hit or miss. If there is a consistency there, it's that the service is inconsistent.

One would think that given the frequency of complaints about service, that the management would have gotten this solved, if they are concerned. The presumption is that the owners/managers are OK with how the place operates.

We've not been in a while, so our perception may be skewed. Ongoing poor service comments seem to suggest that we aren't far off.

15. KDsGrandma

:evil: Do I have to change back to my Granny Goodness avatar? :mrgreen:

16. KDsGrandma

Maybe I've just been lucky, but every time I've gone there has been a good experience all around.

17. seabee

seabee Guest

They should treat grandma good or else.... :jester: We aren't all there yet to receive this preferential treatment you get. One day it will, but not anytime on the horizon.

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

27529 - they must have not be on there anymore cause I just checked too. :?