La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

H6 same to you. Thanks for the review

Kaci- great to see you so much as well

Thanks for the comments & now for some changes.

We have decided to go with salad & pasta with all entrees. Bear with us while we work out all the little kinks. As for high chairs we only have a few & same for the boosters

Save room for the tira & rum cake. You won't regret it!!!!!!!!!

If you are in there stop by & say HI I would love to meet you!!!!!!

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

LI-Bratz, this is your restaurant? I would have never known. :)

3. LI-bratz

Nope not mine.

I am the manager.

I take the reviews to the owners & tips from customers & this is wny things have been tweaked. We changed our dipping oil b/c a customer made a suggestion. Customers made supgestions in regards to the salads so the owners felt this was the right thing to do.

We are a "work In progress" so to speak. Thanks for all your compliments!!

4. Cleopatra

I was thinking the same thing re: salads/pasta.

And were my kids ok? <wink> I think they did pretty well for waiting 30 mins for a table, like I said you guys were packed (we got there about 6:30) and we have usually eaten by 6 at home. Man, they tore that pizza UP! My 18 MO and 3.5 YO pretty much ate that whole thing!

5. doitwithyourbootson07

doitwithyourbootson07 Well-Known Member

food

I went and tried it last tuesday and i think the food isnt as good as it is a two cousins. I know theyre the same people but i talked to the owner and he said it was little more upscale and the recipes were different. Two Cousins is much better. But i like the people.

6. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

LI-Bratz ... since you are taking suggestions ... how about a 'kids eat free' night once a week. The prices aren't bad but we're on a dinner from Little Ceasars $5 pizza night kind of budget :)

Also does the managment mind if adults oder off the children's or two people share a meal (for smaller portion sizes) ?

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I was there tonite and I think that Venero's is still far better. At LaPiazza, the salad was so small, there was only a little tiny bowl of pasta and this big *** plate of meat and sauce. I would have halfed that and charged half the price. They are definitely overpriced. If you have to take a doggie bag home, it is obvious that you are given far too much.... Half the food, half the price like they do at Ragazzi's...... I love 2 cousins pizza, and Venero's for my sit down meal.,, Veneros salad is excellent, and their garlic knots are excellent.... I did NOT like my bread dipped in fattening OIL and Vinegarette... or whatever the heck that nasty stuff was. And the wait for the food was too long.... Will not go back.

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I haven't been there yet, but am looking forward to going. Can anyone tell me if they do pizza pick up, or is it sit down only? I'm assuming they don't deliver, since it's not really a pizza place...

9. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I was going to ask the same thing. I personally wish that restaurants would offer a "portion control" menu section which is smaller portions.

Just getting part of it to go is not an option since many times I don't head straight home and I have no plans on eating something that has sat in my vehicle for hours.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Oh.. and the waitstaff just love those kids eat free nights..NOT....as well as the patrons who thought they would have a "nice" quiet dinner out...:roll: I've never seen any upscale restaurant with a kids eat free night, thats not their target market.

Just my humble, unchildless opinion.

11. Cleopatra

La Piazza is a nice little restaurant but I would not consider it "upscale".

As far as waitstaff loving kids' free night, I doubt the owners (of any restaurant) would be concerned about how the waitstaff felt if parents were bringing their children for kids free night while paying for adult meals. That is the purpose of these nights, esp on a weeknight when a restaurant is usually not busy - to bring in more paying customers. Even if they have kids.

12. jAYj

jAYj Member

We went to La Piazza last night and really enjoyed it. We got the 8 inch margherita pizza, the lasagna, and the fried cheese sticks. It was all very good! Oh, and the tiramisu was delicious!! Our waiter and all of the staff were very nice and attentive. We have plans to go back soon.

One thing I wish was different concerns the menus. While we were waiting we looked at a take-out menu. We saw fried cheese and calzones, two of our favorites at Italian restaurants and decided that we would order that once we were seated for dinner. When we were given the dinner menus, neither the calzones, fried cheese, strombolies, nor any pizzas besides the 8 inch were on there. Our waiter said that those things are only offered at lunch, or that we could get a larger pizza for take-out. I don't really understand these issues with the menus and do hope that they will be reconsidered.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Just so long as the adults remember to tip to include the kids free meal, and appropriatley for the extra running around and cleaning up that usually involves tables with children. My sister used to work at a restaurant where kids pay what they weigh for dinner on Tuesday night... and no one wanted to work that night. More often than not, parents only tipped 15% on the total bill, which the waitstaff got ripped-off on.

Still sounds like one shouldnt expect to afford La Piazza on a Cici's budget though.

14. PMPC69

PMPC69 Member

HEY WHEN YOU HAVE SOMEONE FROM STATEN ISLAND AND YES EVEN BKLYN HOW CAN U GO WRONG!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BOYZ!

15. m2475

m2475 Well-Known Member

Does the new place deliver?

16. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they don't. I believe it's more of a eat in place. Entrees and such. But they do have take out options.

17. LI-bratz

no no delivery

there is take out available

18. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

We went to LaPiazza for the first time tonight and were really pleased. DH brought home about half of his lasagne, but I finished my lobster ravioli with vodka sauce. Stuffed! Didn't try the calamari because we weren't that hungry and didn't have time to stay that long but we will next time. Oh yes, they have beer on tap. Big plus for the DH. We will definitely go back.

19. sherrynewm

sherrynewm Guest

Four of us ate dinner there last Saturday night (the 12th) and it was absolutely delicious !!!!! They were busy and crowded but the food was excellent. We had four different dishes and everyone in the crowd was pleased. Keep the good food coming !!!!!!

20. FamilyOfFive

FamilyOfFive Well-Known Member

We went to La Piazza tonight for the first time and it was absolutely delicious!