La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

yes, go somewhere else so our wait won't be as long....8)

no complaining....life is too short...and now you know it's gonna take a while, so you've been warned!

:mrgreen:

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

If you want to write a check, why not use your debit card? Why not hit the bank/atm before you go?

3. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I didn't even think people even attempted to pay with a personal check anymore.

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Tawaii,
    In this day of electronic debit and credit, one would think that paper checks are much a thing of the past. Except, we find that when we vend at a festival with our book business, we find a considerable number of people who write a check. We do accept debit/credit..and with our software and machine, we scan the check immediately, so the potential for one to bounce is limited.
    I would think that having a checkbook to carry around and use is riskier than a plastic card that can be refilled, replaced, and is more readily accepted. Just my 2 cents.
    H6

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

And here I thought I was the only one that uses checks still! I don't have a debit card because I don't trust myself with one, I think (actually I know) I would forget to write in the amounts and keep up with it. I've usually got at least 1, sometimes 3 kids with me in the stores and just hurry to get out of there! So writing a check makes me have the pen in hand and write in the amount. And I haven't used a credit card in 3 months, and that keeps me out of trouble also! So checks/cash is the way I pay for everything.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

For Church and a few other things I still use a physical check. The Church has an automatic feature for deduction from your account each month, but I choose not to. I have been burned by these automatic deduction things in the past (from folks other than the church) and avoid them. Much easier to use a check in circumstances like this.

7. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I use checks to pay bills through the mail but that's it. I use a credit card or cash for everything else.

8. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

HEY

Hey I resemble that notion about fat people.
    And I could Make Gordon Ramsey Look like a Messy baby diaper. And make him cry like a little girl. Not tooten my own horn or nothing, But Yea I am that good.

:beathorse:

9. Hoof-Hearted

This may be true. Most new resteraunts have not gotten their Sh*& together yet, And usualy do not have a propper plan of attack in play yet. The prep People are realy the back bone of all good resteraunts. They are not reconized as much, But I alway reconized my staff. As a Chef you can only move as fast as your prep people can in most cases.
    45 minutes is a long time to get your food in most cases. But how many people are in front of you, how many tickets doest the kitchen have lined up before your order went in,. Appitizers can make a whole meal sometimes. They are mainly to keep you occupied while you food is being preped and cooked. and the Chef does not even bother with apps. That is usualy the prep people or side order cooks, And since the resteraunt is new , You know that they don't have propper staff yet. They are still Learning what and what not to do. Oppening a new buisness now a days is a very scarry thing. Mainly because people are too negative and too demanding at first. When the dust settles this resteraunt may actualy turn out great. Give them a chance to grow and learn people....
    And NO I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.
    Thanks for letting me vent ya'll.

:beathorse:

10. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Man am I getting tired of that "beating the dead horse" icon.

11. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

I think more people still use checks than we think. I use them quite a bit. Especially sending in lucn money for the kids' lunch accounts. I don't DARE send cash, had that unfortunate incident of someone stealing it out of my daughter's book bag. On the bus a kid can actually get in the back of one of those things with out the child knowing if it is on their back while they are sitting in the seat. I tested this at home.....:mrgreen:

12. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Most people will look past slow service. In fact, if they are aware that a place is slow they can, and will, work around that if the food is good.

Considering this place has only been open for a short time and "slow" is really the worst comment that has been made it appears that the people are giving them a chance. In fact, comments have even been made to give them a chance to iron out the problems.

13. Hoof-Hearted

Sorry,:grouphug: Needed here.

14. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but that's just downright rude.

15. KellBell

You say that like you expect something more....that's how he rolls.

I use checks all the time too. Kids stuff at school as mentioned (book orders, lunch accounts, field trips, pictures). I also use checks for mailing one bill (the rest are all direct debit). I also use my checks for groceries too. I keep up with it better than my debit. Though I am getting realy good about writing down every time I use my debit card.

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right about that.

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

My daughter and her family took me there for my birthday Saturday evening, and it was great. We didn't have to wait at all for a table, but we went early so we could get home early, because of the weather. Food was delicious, service was excellent, all around a lovely evening.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

So cool, we finally agree on a resturant, we 4 need to get together one night and enjoy it together, love ya girl:)

19. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I have seen everything but the smoking policy. It appears this is a small restaurant. Is it non-smoking?

20. KellBell

It's been covered, though it was a while back on the thread...smoking only in the lounge area (thank goodness) and they apparantly have a great suction system pulling it out of the building. No smoking in the dining area. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: