LAUNDRY

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michellegrl77, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

I am Gonna get Heck for this

Sorry all.
    I do Laundry on Saturday.
    1 load, one washer, all mixed into one.
    Cost me $2.00 for Wash and $1.00 to Dry. At the Laundy mat in Fuquay. Wish there was one closer but hey it gets me out of the house on the weekend.
    And it is only me , so I only have what I had to ware during the week. Yes Ladys, The White socks go in with the dark clothes. LOL Not enough whites to seperate.
    But hey I Still Love ya'll
    Hoof.

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

ok, I grew up this way and I have taught my children to do the same! There is no way I'd be washing that many towels...sorry! :mrgreen:

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

2 -3 loads/wk! And I still HATE IT! :boxing:

4. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

my boyz do this too! terd heads! i wash clothes everyday!! HATE IT!!!

5. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

we do this too! i will also wear my dry clean only clothes 2 or 3 times before they go to the cleaners.

6. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Do you all really want to hear this one???--LOL. I'm enjoying these responses for sure. We do 4 to 5 loads EVERY SINGLE DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK!!! I am not exaggerating here. We have not ever taken a bath in the master bath b/c it is our area for laundry overflow as we have no laundry room. Washer/ dryer are in the hallway. When I am sick, there is laundry literally from one end of the house to the other. For baths, I spent the money to get all 7 monogrammed towels. BEST investment ever! They can now not claim it is someone else's towel. And, I got on them if they just threw it in the dirty clothes. NO getting out of it--LOL. They use bath towels for about a week. My boys go through clothes like water as they play outside all the time. Climb trees, explore the woods, trampoline, swingset, bug collecting, etc. So clothes get extra dirty. My oldest does her own laundry which helps.

So, 7 to 8 loads a week sounds so good to me. However, we are at 28 to 35 loads a week. Gosh, I never really added it up before. Okay, have to share this one even though not related to laundry. Back when we had 4 kids and we're off in Serbia getting our 5th child, we came home to a very clean home and NO dishes on the counter. Now, those who know me know that we have dishes on the counter literally 24/7. 2 fridges, a freezer, 2 sinks and only 1 dishwasher--URGHH. So, I come home & felt really guilty that this person who watched my kids actually kept up w/ the dishes when I couldn't. She finally admitted to me after a few days that her husband told her to give it up after 2 days and she switched to paper plates and cups--LOL. Now a secret way to get rid of all the laundry and I'll be thrilled.

And, if you guys think the laundry load is bad, try the bread and milk tally at this house--LOL. Oh wait, time to go fold some more laundry.

stephanie--mom to 7

7. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

You are an amazing woman in so many ways. I have never met you but I admire you for everything you do. :grouphug:

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

taught all 3 of my boys to do laundry by the time they were 12, if they wanted clean clothes, they took care of their own, if not then of course the kids in school would tease - peer pressure can be a benefit in some ways:lol::lol::lol:

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree::hurray::hurray::hurray::grouphug:

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

There are only 2 humans in my household...but 4 critters. I know I do 4-5 loads per week. I hate it!

11. soulshine

soulshine Well-Known Member

I hate laundry worse than anything but there's a light at the end of the tunnel, Summertime is coming and the laundry loads will be a lot lighter.

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

:hurray: Yay for summer! Go nekkid!...well nearly anyway...

4 people here and two of them steady getting bigger... and it's 7-8 loads a week. My own personal hell.
    Have a load in the washer and one in the dryer as we speak. Hate, hate, hate laundry!

13. CheerBearNc

CheerBearNc Guest

OMG!!!!! I KNOW..... I have 5 in my household and I HATE laundry because I am ALWAYS doing it. I can never get caught up. My loveseat is always filled with folded clothes. I need a laundry fairy. LOL.

14. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

You know, when I washed my clothes at a laundry mat years ago. If you think about...that's the ticket. You wash all of your clothes at one time. Dry all of your clothes at one time and poof in about an hours time you've got all of it done. :lol:

15. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

My 14 and 11 year olds have been doing their own laundry for about 2 years. Took them to the washer one day, showed them how to operate it, how much detergent to use. I got sick and tired of washing clean clothes or going in their room and not knowing what was clean or dirty. Works great at my house!!! Just mine & the hubby's to do.

16. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We also have the extra large front loaders and I am constantly doing laundry. We have four people, and dh works from home so I don't understand why he even gets dressed in the morning on most days. I know I have a lot of laundry because after work I tend to change out of my professional clothes and into casual wear, but I also tend to re-wear the casual stuff for a few days.

I hate having to weed out the stuff the kids don't fit into anymore, and never knowing for sure when I need to buy them clothes.

17. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

Memories

When I was young , My Mom used to tell us if we wanted clean clothes , Wash them your self. Many of times I would Ware Frozen pants to school because I forgot or was to lazy to get them off the Line. and I have 7 Brothers and 2 Sister. But the Food fights at Thanks Giving Dinner was the Best. after we all were finished we had Food fights with the leftovers. Heaven for bid we do something like that now. I have the Best mom in the world. She may be Old now but I still remember the good old days when Life was so much more fun. Yea I am old to. But still . I will never let go of my inner child.