Level I System Administrator

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by DontCareHowYouDoItInNY, Dec 8, 2010.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Experience needed for Windows 2003/2008 Server. Candidate must be familiar with the following Microsoft technologies: Active Directory, IIS administration, Microsoft Clustering, Network Load Balancing. Experience with IBM System x, IBM BladeCenter, HP servers, HP BladeSystem, HTTP, TCP/IP, Active Directory, server virtualization, NetBackup, and vulnerability scanning is considered a plus.
    Microsoft Sharepoint or Argo teller software experience would be helpful.
    Provide technical support for Information Services department. Serve as a consultant to user groups. Install, maintain, and support server-based applications. Provide an adequate and responsive level of technical support in his/her area of expertise. Support for problem resolution is required 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

Position is with a large financial institution. Must pass background and credit check. I would consider a trainee. Bachelors degree is preferred.

PM me for details.

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

will I need to get coffee also ?? There won't be any extra-curricular desk activity required will there? Just some issue I may have if I apply.

thank you

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

If you had posted this back in January I would of taken the job. I am a out of work System Admin level II. But now I am back in school to get into the Nuclear Medicine field.

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I remember my first beer.....

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Bump - I have a few more Sys admin positions open, including trainee.

6. wadespeed1

wadespeed1 Active Member

pick me, pick me

I need work in a really bad way and would be interested in anything from toilet scrubbing to IT Super Hero. My background is predominately Carrier VoIP Application Engineering, but I've been through the 7 course MCSE Server 2003 track and CCNA exploration at JCC and need to find a way to get my nose inside the tent again. I spend my days now trying to find a way to fund and guarantee a passing grade on the cert tests. So far, no luck.

7. ServerSnapper

The best luck I found has been from Craigslist. Employers are tired of being charged by monster etc. Please look there. I hate to see anyone struggle.

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

We use Dice and have pretty good luck, but not everyone goes through the same method.

9. ServerSnapper

No offense but recruiters are the ones pushing certs so they can get more eyes on their resumes. People in the market now have to be a jack of all things. The employers now know the market is flooded by people with certs and are willing to work for less money. So please if you have practical over classroom. That is what employers are wanting now. These certs just show you have an ability to learn. Just like a degree. They will train you how they want you to do business. Hang in there. Be positive.

10. ServerSnapper

ok. From a good friend!!!!

Look in the papers starting immediately. Wake Tech is hiring IT people. Yours truly can help. Get your resume's together. WATCH the paper.

also. knOW your ****! Don't try to come in pretending you know. Because I will be testing you and an FYI. I know more than the IT gods!

Just don't pretend. All I am saying.

Readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....GO!