Local shelter

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by bandmom, Mar 7, 2014.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

My cat recently passed away and I have some food and other items that I would like to donate. Can anyone recommend a local shelter that could use these items?

2. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

JCAS in Smithfeild off Brightleaf OR even

JCAPL which holds events at the White Oak Petsmart each Saturday.

Thanks for thinking of the needy/homeless animals who could benefit from these items.

3. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about your beloved cat; it is hard to say goodbye to a family member. It is kind of you to want to donate your stuff to a shelter. Perhaps, in time, you would want to welcome another pet into your heart and your home :grouphug:

4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

And that shelter might be the place to start the search. We miss our animal companions when they are gone, but there are still many animal companions missing people. It is always good when multple problems can be solved with a single solution.

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words, we had our cat for 15 yrs, and he was the BEST cat, so loving, but lately he had several health issues, making the decision to let him go was so hard! I've never had to deal with that before... We miss him terribly we still have an outside dog, but I don't think we will get another house pet, not for awhile anyway. :cry: