local swimming pool?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blessed2adopt2, Mar 10, 2007.

1. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

Hi, we're members of Lion's Gate pool, but at $80/month, it's getting a bit costly (we're not going to the gym as much as we should).

I remember last summer seeing ads posted along local roads for a public pool, but I can't remember the name of it. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Jan

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

uh-oh. You sound like me. We're still if'fy on wether or not we'll renew...
    For me the biggest bonus was going to Tra Lee. I talked to the lifeguard there last summer and he said the MOST he saw there at one time was the 4th of July - there may have been 70-80 people. Usually the place is dead! We went (to TraLee) about four times before the season ended and at most I saw 5 or 6 Moms with kids. That's all!

[​IMG]

3. Beezor

Beezor Well-Known Member

You're probably thinking about Victoria's Pond Swim Club, off of Benson Hardee Rd. It's very nice. We were members last year, and if we weren't moving, we'd go back this year. It's not crowded at all, and they have a grill, nice changing rooms w/ showers, a clubhouse and video games for the kids. It was $100 to join and $400 for the season which is from May to Early October (I think)...

4. nsanemom22

ew. I found this and did a MapQuest:

Victoria's Pond
    20 Josie Dr.
    Benson, NC 27504
    919-207-0099

It's almost 20 miles from me! With gas going up (almost $50 to fill up now) it would probably be the same springing the bucks to renew with Fred. :roll:

5. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

Victoria's Pond

Yes, I was thinking of Victoria's Pond. Thx.

Also, thanks for the address. I mapquested it, and it's only 10 miles from my house (as opposed to 20 for Lion's Gate)...so we may do some investigating :)

Thanks for the replies.

6. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Yep my family did it last yr as well, but found it like in July or something so we really didn't get our moneys worth..I haven't found out if we are doing it again this yr. If so I won't be getting a pool for my daughters birthday..the only thing I didn't like was the cost of guest was 15 bucks a person. Thought that was a little high..
    Rush

7. rushlow2004

Where is this located at?
    Rush

8. Curious

Curious Well-Known Member

The signs you saw (if you saw them on Hwy. 50 towards Garner) were probably for Turner Farms Pool. We have been members there for many years and have enjoyed it. Last year membership was $400 and they gave you 5 guest passes. After that guests were $5.00 each. No cost for child's birthday party, which is where we had our two children's parties several times. It can be crowded at times, especially on the weekends, but have found that the later you go in the day, the better off you are if you don't like crowds. It's open till 8:00 at night.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Gotta love having your own pool in the backyard - never crowded unless you want it to be:lol:

10. nsanemom22

Tralee Athletic Club
    110 Tralee Dr.
    Smithfield, NC
    (919) 934-0101

It's just right off Swift Creek Rd (Swift Creek Rd runs between 70 and 70bypass in Smithfield)

11. Beezor

Beezor Well-Known Member

The costs for guests at Victoria's Pond was 5.00 last year and is the same this year. We just got our renewal package from them. It wasn't $15.00.

12. rushlow2004

I know I paid for it last yr, hmmm maybe they came down..don't know if we will do it again this yr or not..got to look at our own pool this yr..but I did like my daughter making new friends.
    Rush

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Where's my invite? :lol:

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Always open invitation girl (once it gets warm enough):lol:

15. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Oh the joys of NOT having to worry about balancing a pool!!! I'm SO happy that we gave ours away when we moved. I may actually have the $ to take a vacation this year!!!!

That being said . . . Kaci . . . can I come over some time and swim :p

16. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Kaci, any invites for moi?

17. nsanemom22

4042 party at Kaci's!

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Sure thing as soon you guys send your men over to do the new deck:lol:

19. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Buy mine!!

We joined a pool last year and it works out nicely for our family, so does anyone want to buy a 28 foot round pool? Upgraded filter etc... a tree branch fell and dented just the rim of the pool (just cosmetic).