local trash service

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ARedhead, Jun 5, 2012.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You aren't figuring in your gas and the time factor to go to the dump. No thanks.

We use All Star as do most of my neighbors. Pleased with them to date.

2. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

Considering I live about 1.5 miles from the satellite facility and it takes a total of 15 mins to do driving and dumping, I'll stick with the 65 bucks a year sticker. Although if I lived further away, I can see the need for the trash removal service. It Depends your scenario i suppose.

3. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

same here. I bet I can be back in the time it takes to roll the trash out..LOL AND WAYYY cheaper. And I can put big things in the dump. I live off old fairground..

4. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Same here - we live off Cornwallis road/cleveland rd and it takes me more time to load our vehicle than it takes to drive to the dump. I know what gets thrown out, and when, because I am doing it myself. My mindset is, why pay more than $65/yr when you don't have to? And with all the complaints about these trash services I am thinking to myself, why are these people paying for incompetent service? There are no limits on how many bags/stuff I throw away, no extra charge for heavier things - all stuff I hear complaints about. Yes, only once a week trip to the dump, but since there are only 2 of us, that is never a problem. Bottom line? No business trying to rip us off, and we work around our own schedule. Just my 2 cents :)

5. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

That's great for you. But some of us don't have pickups or are unwilling to load our cars with trash bags! These are the real times I miss my truck.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yup. We have a pickup, but I am not putting trash in the back. Some services are worth the $. Just my opinion.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

yep. not putting trash in my car OR my truck. I don't have time for that and it's not convenient. It's worth the $$ to have it done.

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

WI bought out All Star in December.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol::lol: You know, you are right. LMBO! It's some service that starts with an "A". Advantage maybe? I just pay the bill, and it gets picked up. What do I know? :jester:

Regardless, I am not putting trash in my vehicles.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

LOL! Advantage got bought out the year before All-Star, just keep paying the bill as long as they are picking it up! :jester:

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ya got me! It's not WI, I will look at the buggy tonight when I go home. Now I'm curious! :mrgreen:

12. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Regardless of what it says on the buggy, it's probably WI. :lol:

13. ARedhead

ARedhead Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the info, I had never heard of Brock's. We are going the sticker route though. We have a pickup and live a couple miles from the satellite site on Old Fairground....just waiting until July 1 to get a sticker for this year and then telling WI to stick it.

Amy

14. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We were Advantage and got a dump sticker when WI bought Advantage. As others have said, it is more convenient for some than others but we love it. Hubby can go as often as we need, and since it's just 2 of us that is usually once a week. But when the kiddos and such are all here, we can make another trip if needed. He has a pickup with a lined bed and hasn't had any issues with the bags leaving anything behind. We use the Glad Forceflex odor shield bags and they never tear or leak.

15. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

new company opened to replace Ken's... Otto's trash. Look for the signs..
    Advertises $15 a month.
    I will get number and post if you want.

16. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Please do

17. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Otto's

Anybody have the number for Otto's ? If you call WI, they will match Ken's price.......or so I've heard.

18. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I could use the number for Otto as well. We are just out of Brock's service area.

19. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I would like the number for Otto's as well,thanks! I googled it but didn't come up with anything.

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

There's talk of WI buying Brocks, FYI!