Looking for......

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 11, 2008.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

This is true!! :cheers: I was working full-time when we bought the thing, it can be done!!

Where do ya'll like to camp? We used to go to Jordan lake frequently.

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We went to the KOA New Bern this summer and loved it-really nice and you can rent kayaks to take on the river. Our site even had a patio with furniture and a big fireplace pit. Hubby has been wanting to go to the KOA Wilmington but we just haven't made it yet. We also love to go to White Oak Shores in Stella NC-it's right near Emerald Isle. Takes about 10 min. to get to the beach and its right on the river. We know the owners and the sites are big and really nice. The campground is only a few years old. So it sounds like we all need to get together for a camping weekend! Could be alot of fun!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Lemme see if I can talk DH into keeping the thing, but that sounds like an awful lot of fun. :cheers::jester::jester::jester:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

BTW, we do need someone who can install a new spring inside the awning (the BIG one that allows it to retract and extend). Do either of you have someone you use for repairs? We've talked to Hawley's and Camptown and geez louise, I can get a whole new awning for what they want. Going to have to be fixed whether we keep it or sell it. :banghead:

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

KOA Boone is nice. KOA Wilmington is kinda in the middle of suburbia, so shopping is convenient, yet's it's a little noisy. KOA NB is a great place.

As for the awning ?, repair is usually more expensive than replacement. And, with replacement, you at least have a warranty.

YMMV

6. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

My accountant said I need to "Float your stock while the world is in liquidation". So I built the ark.:lol:

I'm building a 19' salt water flats boats. It's the prelude to the build for my retirement home .... 36' houseboat. That's going to take a bigger building and a lot closer to the ocean!

7. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I know its early but I am looking for an outdoor set of Mr and Mrs Claus to sit on my front porch this year :) They are about 4 1/2 ft tall and they are made of a "parachute" feeling material. They use to sell them in the ABC catalog but it says that they are sold out online.

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

If you guys were talking about me you should have said something to me because I looked at my ad and sure enough I didn't put down what I was selling in the category box. I put my stupid name. What an idiot.......no wonder I've had no responses. :lol::mrgreen::lol:

Sherry

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Seriously, I about peed my pants.
    That was FUNNY!

"for sale: sherry a" :lol::lol::lol:

10. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

It's hard to sell a liberal...

11. ServerSnapper

WANTED: LADY FRIEND WITH BENEFITSCategories:PersonalsNo
    Photo
    Ad Number:133210Date Posted:04/02/2010Contact:john
    clayton, north carolina
    Telephone:E-Mail:Reply to Ad Web Site:

Description
    LOOKING FOR A LADY FRIEND TO TAKE TO LUNCH AND ACTIVITY PARTNER FOR MONDAY THRU FRIDAY IN THE AFTERNOONS. RACE, AGE OR LOOKS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS A FUN PERSON. JOHN

12. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

"ACTIVITY PARTNER"....What are we talkin' here?

ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!! :twisted:

13. Sherry A.

First I was ****ed, then I started laughing because I could not believe I didn't proof my ad. It takes all kinds.

And nobody made an offer on me.....:mrgreen:

Let me know next time I make another stupid mistake like that or no no bathroom stop............j/k

Sherry

14. harleygirl

I'll be over on your side of town tomorrow. Surely I'll have to take a break. :mrgreen: Got beer or MtDew or Sunkist? :lol:

15. Sherry A.

Home all day. Stop by anytime.

Sherry

16. harleygirl

Looking for a plastic kiddie pool for Buddy.
    FREE or nearly FREE.

17. ServerSnapper

lub in all the wrong places...

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

girl, they are really cheap at walmart during the season if you don't find one free. Phoebe already has a pool:jester:

19. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

I think my aunt was using the "facilities" in her's when I threw a lit M-80 under the camper. Priceless!

20. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member