Lowes Foods Opening?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tamo245, Oct 30, 2007.

1. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

we are CLEVELAND!!! not clayton! get it right Mr DJ!!! LMAO!!

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Well - we're not Cleveland either.....but that store is a lot closer to the Garner city limits than Clayton. They should've said " on hwy 50, just south of garner' etc... I mean I'm sure they're mailing and street address is Garner, not Clayton?

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

My guess would be the mailing address is Willow Spring. And the location is physically in Cleveland township, if I'm not mistaken.

4. bandmom

But there is no official Cleveland township. We lived close to there when we first moved out here, we had a Garner address.

5. KDsGrandma

All counties in NC are divided into townships. Real estate deeds show what township the property is located in, and voting precincts are based on the township the voter resides in. The recent referendum on beer sales was for the Cleveland township only, and had it not passed, the Town of Clayton would probably have annexed the area where the new Lowe's Food store is being built.

6. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

Looked like they were about done this weekend. I cant wait til they open. Definately my favorite grocery store. Plus the competition with Food Lion should bring the prices down @ both locations

7. bandmom

Ok, but don't you agree that the ad I mentioned will be misleading as far as directions for people not familiar with the area?

8. KDsGrandma

Yes, I do, it certainly is not in Clayton! :lol:

9. bandmom

Yeah, I've heard that FL is already cutting back hours and they're not hiring right now. As much as I look forward to experiencing what Lowes has to offer, I will still continue to shop FL for everyday things. I've never had a problem with them. Beside, maybe they won't be so crowded now! :-D
    Especially when they mention the 'S' word or better yet, actually get some snow!

10. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Cleveland Township, Garner address. That is mine and I am 1 mile down the road (NC 50)towards Old DrugStore Rd. The Developers web site says Clayton also, which I thought was strange.

11. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

SO

Anyone know of the specials for the opening? It's supposed to be opening Wednesday...Granola??

Frogger

12. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

nope not clayton address

Believe it or not it has a Raleigh address. Now how weird is that. I think it has to do with that area such as Waverly-they have a Raleigh address. Yes people are certainly going to be confused b/c of 42/50 Clayton.

13. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Hey Frogger -
    There are a few giveaways and promotions for Wednesday. There was an ad on the back of the Opinion section in yesterdays paper (page 32A) detailing the openning. They will have a wheel to spin to win prizes, free samples, a free toaster to the first 50 customers who buy two 6-count Thomas' English muffins beginning at 9 am (1 per family), Ranger Danger character for the kids, Free milk and bread to first 200 customers, BOGO specials, and gift cards given away Wed - Friday.

The kids are excited about the free samples! That's why they love Harris Teeter.

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I had yesterday's paper and didn't even see that!! I've been waiting for some info! So is everything starting at 9, or just that one giveaway? I'm wondering if I should go at 8:30 after I drop my 7yo off or 9:30 after I drop my 4 yo at school. If there's going to be something for the kids I'll go earlier.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

So cool, i cannot wait and now i know 2 peeps that will be working there - will see you both soon:-D

16. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

ANY NEW NEWS?

Bumping up....just wondering if there's any new news. I keep driving by, there's no grand opening sign or anything. Can't wait til the opening tomorrow, I'm hoping for lots of free goodies!

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I live about 3 miles from this intersection 50/42, going towards FV, and I have a Raleigh Address, Garner Phone number and live in Johnston County.....:rolleyes:

18. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Should I get there early??? - what time are they opening for all the stuff???

19. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

ARE THEY OPEN NOW????

Ok, I don't want to startle anyone...but I just drove by there, and there's a truck parked by the road in their parking lot with a huge sign that says "NOW OPEN"! I didn't pull in, but am wondering, are they open now, or is this just setting up for tomorrow? It seems they would have done it later tonight if that were the case. I'm just curious, does anyone know? I'm so excited, and want to get there early enough tomorrow to get all the deals going on, does anyone know what time they're starting all them? Is it 6 when they open?

20. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

It's because of the change in Daylight Savings Time!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thinking that I'd best get over there to get some of the specials..I went..TODAY. Nope, not open...tomorrow for sure. And some of the people there told me I wasn't the first, by a long shot, nor did they think I'd be the last today to come in and ask.

Wednesday morning, folks.