Lowes Foods Triples Rumor

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by frugalmomoftwo, Jul 11, 2007.

1. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

I just got back from the Garner store and no changes that I could tell. They were still allowing more than one shop and some people were doing two shops back to back and just paying seperately for them. Still allowing 20 coupons per shop and 4 identical coupons per shop. I did two shops - spent $16.82 and $16.17 and got $51.89 and $72.74 worth of groceries! I love this stuff!!!!

2. le

le Well-Known Member

Thanks for passing along the good info from your early shop brea. More coffee still here then I am off to try my luck!

3. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

I went to the Clayton store at 6:00 am this morning and waited with
    lots of other smartspenders for them to open the doors! I saw the
    most amount of shoppers I have ever seen first thing during triples.

I did 4 shops total (2 back to back). They were fine with multiple
    shops. BUT, on the 4th shop, the register would not take my payment
    (tried both credit card and cash and had trouble with both) and it
    had to be forced through by the cs mgr. Those who know me know that I pay off credit cards every single month so it was not a credit card issue.
    The coupons tripled, but then I had trouble with payment. The mgr finally got the register to take the cash but the registers may be freezing up after 3 orders. Anyone else have an issue with the 4th order?

My subtotal before sales and Q's: $252.24
    Paid $25.33
    Saved: 90%

I bought things from all over the store including Boca products,
    Scott TP, yogurt, DiGiorno pizza, Michealinas, Hershey cookies, Chef
    boy R dee pizza kits, Mrs Dash, pickles, pet ice cream, softsoap
    body wash, pasta, reynolds foil, salad dressing, lollipops....

Here is my list of good deals during triples and the cost and then
    the coupon amount I have. It does not include all the great deals
    available right now, just those I am interested in. Sorry I didn't
    send it sooner - I finished it very late last night. Hope it helps.

Faye :)

Baking:
    BC cookie mix 1.69 minus .50/1 = .19 ea

Condiments:
    Duncan Hines Brownie Mix - Chewy Fudge $1.65 - .35 Q
    Betty Crocker Frosting 1.75 - .50 Q
    Vlasic Hamburger Dill Chips $1.95 - .75Q
    Vlasic Sweet Pickle Relish $1.55 - .75 Q
    Realemon Lemon Juice $1.49 - .55Q
    Kikkoman Teryaki sauce 1.69 minus .55/1 = .04 ea
    French's mus-My Friend .99 - .30 - .09
    Hellmanns mayo 2.50 - .50 = 1.00
    mrs. dash sale 2.29 ---- .50q PLUS $1 off meat Q with purchase

Dairy
    Daisy sour cream 1.25 - .50 = FREE
    Eggland's Best 2.39 - .35 Q
    Pillsbury Simply Bake Bars 2.99 minus .75/1 = .74 ea
    Tribe Hummus $2.99 - .75Q printable
    Yoplait sale .50 each - .40/6 Q = .30 each
    Pillsbury Quick Dinner Rolls – Crescent sale $1 - .40 Q = FREE

Frozen
    Pet ice cream small with raincheck .99 - .60 Q = FREE
    Boca Meatless Soy Protein Original Chik'n Patties $2.50 - .75Q = .25
    DiGiorno Thin Crispy Crust Pizza - Four Cheese $5 sale - .75Q = 2.75
    Kid Cuisine meals .$2 75/2 = 1.75 for 2

Oral Care & Over the Counter
    Colgate – various on sale = FREE
    Oral-B toothbrushes sale $2.50 - .75 = .25
    Tums Calcium Antacid – Fruit sale $3.49 - .75 = 1.24 150 count
    Band-Aid Pooh $1.59 - .55 = FREE 30 count

Paper/plastic
    Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil sale $2.89 - .75Q = .64
    Scott Bathroom Tissue - Extra Soft 1-Ply – Unscented – 4 count sale
    $2.50 - .75 = .25

Pasta and Rice
    Wacky Mac Veggie Spirals sale .99 - .40 = FREE
    No Yolks Egg White Pasta - Extra Broad – 1.59 - .50 = .09
    Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad $1.00 sale - .45Q printable = FREE Chef
    Boyardee Pizza Kit – Cheese $2.45 - .75 = .20
    Tuna Helper Home-Cooked Skillet Meal - Creamy Pasta sale $1.00 -
    .75/3 = .25 ea

Salad Dressing
    Wish-Bone Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing @2.39 - .60Q = .59

Snacks
    Dum Dum lollipops - on sale for $1.50 minus .55/1 coupon = overage
    Balance Bars sale .99 - .55Q = FREE
    Snyder's pretzels nibblers are $2.69 regularly minus .75/1 coupon
    makes them .44 ea,
    Tic Tacs .79 ea minus .55/2 = FREE (same here)

Soap
    Softsoap body wash Sale $1.99 - .75Q = FREE

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Is there anything left??? LOL!! Great deals Faye! :lol:

Trying to get there later today, good news about the multiple shops though.

5. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Faye, you never cease to amaze me with your totals!!! I have learned so much from you and for that I am ever so grateful!!! :-D

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

There were so many things I needed at the store, but didn't have a coupon for NOR was it on sale, so I didn't get that much, just stocked up on beer and cigs! :mrgreen:

Blew $80 1/2 was for beer :lol:

Colegate toothpaste - free
    Croutons - free

I think I can do better when the items I normally use are on sale and I have a coupon that will now double up to .99. ;)

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, just did one shop today, DS was bored, so I cut it short. I got a bunch of good deals, but bought several things that didn't have a coupon such as the chicken tenders on sale for $1.99 a lb and 2 bags of the Utz chips that are 2 for $4. Spent $33 and saved $58 including lots of meats, so not too bad!

8. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

Food left behind in Clayton

Hi, although I took Faye's class in April, I finally did a triples shop this a.m. Since I'm still learning and not 100% coupon savy- I don't buy extra's or use many printables YET, my savings wasn't as good as others. But I am very excited- I bought $190 worth of groceries for $73.

Anyway, prior to checking out I spoke with a Smartspender at the self-checkout line. She gave me the advice to pay attention to the flashing green light and to wait for the light before sticking in a coupon. Since the cashier's lines were full (and all my frozen items were melting because like a dummy I didn't wait to put those items in my cart last) I decided to try self-check out too.

In the bagging section of the checkout was a bag of two Frozen Banquet boxes that didn't belong to me. I'm not sure if it was chicken or not- or what exactly it was- but I handed it to a Lowe's employee in case the Smartspender returned. Just wanted to post a message here, in case the woman reads this and wanted to retrieve those items later. The shopper would have checked out around 7:30ish.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  9. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

Went with my daughter later than usual spent 19$ save 40$ not bad. I think she saved about 50% We had 4 kids with us it was a family circus :)

10. frugalmomoftwo

Great job on your savings brea, kdc, kidsfly and Debyan!

I left plenty - I don't think the others who came in after me did, though! There were lots of good buys I did not get because we don't use the items (like the hormel meals, south beach chicken meals and fiber one bars, for example).

I hear that the Garner store will be getting a truck in tonight so their shelves should be well stocked tomorrow morning. Anyone know about Clayton's truck schedule?

Ummm, HG, I am sure the toothpaste and croutons will taste good with a beer chaser. Although I do agree - there will lots of great deals now on a regular basis now that they are doubling up to 99 cents every day.

11. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Man, I love SOuth Beach stuff and the Fiber One bars!

12. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

Has anyone besides FMO2 had any problems with four or more trips?

13. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I did 4 yesterday with no problems at all. I'm going to make 1 more trip today and that will be it for me.

Brenda

14. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I did more than four yesterday with no problems.

15. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

One trip...

Before coupons/discounts almost $100
    After discounts/coupons ... $34 and change.

Whoohoo! I went $4 over what I said I'd spend. I got pizza kits for free, Dove ice cream bars for free...there were a couple others. It tickled me to no end :) .

Frogger

16. frugalmomoftwo

Great job Frogger!

Had no problems in Garner with the 2 small orders I did today. They liked my credit card and cash at that store! LOL!

Garner Lowe's is pretty wiped out. There were people in there doing more than 10 shops in a row yesterday. Oy.

17. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Now, that is abusing the system :? .

I hope those who were doing so many shops in a row don't bring down strict rules on those of us who do 2.

Frogger

18. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

I think about that too, I work week ends, babysit the grand kids during the week and just haven't their stamina to get up early on my day off and then not much is left after noon :( But I finally got there today before they were out of some of my stuff. saved $42 and spent $17 In my 2 trips I spent $36 and saved $82 I am happy. I might go back for a few more things but I think I may be too lazy ;) I had 2 kids today and I got the general mills deal you know 4 products and you can get free milk but I forgot the milk hehehe Faye, you have no compitition here!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  19. frugalmomoftwo

That was too funny!

I was at Lowes Clayton today about 9 am today. They were well stocked and very nice at the registers.

We are having the $1.09 Red Baron Pizzas for dinner tonight. They are on sale at Lowes for $3.33 (reg 4.99) and the pizzas at the Clayton store have .75 coupons on them that tripled. :)

Faye

20. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I went to Lowe's. Unfortunately it was during the triples days.

I saw many notebook ladies floating around. ...Or rather, at a complete stand still. :roll: All I wanted was some stinking yogurt. Not even the yogurt that was on sale! There was two or three carts with what looked to be 2 to 4 'owners' each, with notebook pages and coupons flying, hoarding about an eight foot section of the dairy aisle at Lowe's.

"Excuse me" and Pardon me" didn't work so I pushed my way between their carts (and people) and got my stinkin' yogurt. They looked at me like I had two heads. ...biotches.

... My child thanks you (them) for the yogurt. And I'd like a little appreciation my self for not smacking any one. :evil:

I'd like to request that common courtesy toward fellow shoppers be added and stressed in the couponing classes.