Major Issue's With a Local Restaurant, What Can You Do?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hotwire, Dec 14, 2010.

1. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

My daughter wanted to go to Kobe tomorrow night for her birthday. In light of what I've read here, I'm trying to talk her out of it. Any other suggestions.....she likes the "show". I thought there was one at White Oak. :?

2. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

We are regulars at the Kobe in Smithfield; but since they are owned by the same folks, we will not be returning, ever.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Kaze is at White Oak over near the movie theatre. We've only had sushi there, and it was ok. I can't comment on their dinner-show. Based on this I would take your hard-earned money and go to Kanki where their dinner & show are worth the money. Alot of times the Kanki on Old Wake Forest Rd. is alot less crowded and less of a wait time than the one at Crabtree Mall.

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:iagree: We have never had a bad experience at the Old Wake forest road location! Can't go wrong...

5. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

Kobe in Clayton got 86 on there last health inspection back in June. Thats really bad. With the new grade system its only about what is unhealthy for the customer.

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:ack::ack::ack:
    That is gross! We saw a 5 on your side report a few years ago about an Olive Garden we had eaten at the night before. Since then, we do not eat anywhere without checking the rating. Nasty!

7. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I also love Kanki. We don't go but once every few years but have never had a bad experience.

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Yummi Japan rocks!

9. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

That is a B and they have not been reinspected since the June inspection? When did they eliminate the reports that indicate the individual deductions. Not on the web site anymore.

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Well worth the money at Crabtree. It is a birthday or event a kid and there friends will never forget. I have also done that with a little money for each kid to spend for goody bags at the mall. We have been to many and my college kid still remembers them. They do the volcano and stuff with shrimp. I never forget to take some home, with extra sauce, as I crave it for days after eating it.

Sherry

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

NOT worth waiting over an hour, when you can get the same show & food at another location 10 minutes away and its the same restaurant. Kanki has several locations in the area, 2 in Raleigh & 1 in Durham.

12. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Either way the kids enjoy the food and show. We spend the time waiting at Crabtree shopping for the goody bag stuff and check in with Kanki but to each there own.

Sherry

13. roca1216

WRAL might not have posted the new grade. I am sure the health department has been there again since June. I would think they are on a 3 month schedule like I am. I would never eat there.

14. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Actually I accessed the info through the state. Their link ends up being the same as WRAL.

15. Hotwire

Still no reply, nothing! We have just decided to forget about it now. An apology would have sufficed, however, they must be too busy for that.

16. roca1216

They will loose customers and close down.

17. Hotwire

I just wanted to let everyone know that we went to the Kanki on Old Wake Forest Road in Raleigh and had a great lunch today! My wife ordered the salmon and it was to die for. We showed our chef the pictures of the salmon from Kobe and he couldn't even tell what it was! Thank you to all the great employees/chefs/managers at Kanki, you all should be rewarded.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray:

19. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I just played a game with my Family called guess what's on the plate. I showed them the picture of the food and they couldn't guess what it was. :lol:

20. Hotwire

Priceless : )