MAJOR Mortgage Modifi Rip-off!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Sep 7, 2010.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I still receive a monthly statement - and it shows that the extra is going to principal.

Sorry you've had such difficult time w/ your bank, but it sounds like you've stayed on top of it! :)

2. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

LOL!!!!!!

They call it a "fee".

(you know - like when politicians say "no new taxes" and then they increase fees)

3. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

I have had this mortgage since 1998 and not 1 minutes worry - then all of a sudden 2009 and BOOM! It's like they turned on the "Stupid" switch.

4. AppleFritters

AppleFritters Well-Known Member

I understand all of your frustration. I lost my job and tried the same thing. They kept telling me I have to fax the information every 30 days until they finally got around to me for lack of better words. I think they thought I was going to stop. Well finally I get a letter saying I was denied for some stupid reason I can't even remember. But before I got the letter, the rep asked me how was I going to pay a reduced mortgage if I didn't have a job. I asked her how was I going to pay the mortgage I have. She basically told me their priority was homes on the verge of foreclosure. When I get in the position, I am leaving my lender.

5. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

i tried over a year ago and they said we didnt make enough money. no **** sherlock thats why i applied for it. we were paying our mortgage on time each month, our problem was we paid mortgage first and didnt have money for other things.i guess if you arent late you get nothing. once again if you do the right thing you get no help. i now work pt for a mortgage company and hear from alot of people who applied and were turned down.

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

It's definitely all a rip-off,here we choose to no longer try and modify our mortgage after month of trying to do so and yet we were still charged $350 by RBC in fees :x so the banks as always are making money one way or another!