Makes me ashamed to be from Johnston County

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by hinkypuff, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

lol who is she? or What is she? I mean other than a pig?

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Slide over SB, I'm sitting with you!

3. Clif

Clif Guest

I thought about that too. What if the questionable reading material were kept behind the librarians desk, sort of like the reference books? But then I thought about the logistics of it. Each year the school would have to send out a list of questionable books for approval or rejection by the parents (and not all or none, each book would have to be listed and allowed or not). Then the lists would have to be kept by the librarian and checked for each student who requests one of the questionable books. It would be way too much hassle for the benefit.

Unfortunately, we have to play to the lowest common denominator. I would be pretty open for reading materials for my kids ("Huck Finn", yes. "Catcher In The Rye", if they are in high school, "Kama Sutra", when they can read it with their spouses). But I certainly don't want to force my morals on others who are more strict. The only way we can do this is to work toward the least damage.

Restricting reading material is not "banning books". It is being a responsible adult and gives everyone a choice on how to raise their own children.

4. hinkypuff

hinkypuff Well-Known Member

Do people on this forum actually beleive that the avatars are pics of the people posting?

So am I to assume we have a character from Duck Tales, a well endoed squirrel, and a unicorn posting on this forum.

Interesting......

My favorite is the guy/gal with the avatar that says "I Farted".

So please, make fun of my avatar some more. It really is amusing.

Apology accepted! ;)

5. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Apology LMAO That will be the day!

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Good grief, I go to lunch and y'all get all elementary school on me.

Sigh....

7. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

actually most of us have posted our pics and then took them down because of the freaks around here!!

8. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

BUT...............she started it pming me some stupid stuff!

9. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

She supports any fast food!

10. Clif

Clif Guest

Well, I did not receive any pm from you, so I guess putting a person on "ignore" will stop pm's from them as well.

On a side note, I was unable to see your post that you did it because I had you on ignore. :)

11. hinkypuff

I agree to an extent, but how do you decide what the lowest common denominator is? I mean, some peoplecan find objectionable material in almost anyt text based on their religious beliefs or other beleifs that may be unique to them. No matter what you do, there will always be people who are m"more strict" than you. You have to draw the line somewhere.

12. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

wow! Thats good to know for future purposes!

13. hinkypuff

Again.... have you looked at the avatars on this forum. "Most of them mean somthing"? What does mr squirrel mean or I farted mean?

Give me a break. Most of the avatars on here are jokes. Where is that guy with the animated avatar of Pennywise the Clown from the Steven King Book "it"? What does his avatar mean?

Lol "I farted"

14. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Who knows why this looney has decided to pick on me....who cares. It's fun :lol::lol::lol:

15. Clif

Clif Guest

At the risk of believing you have grown up...

Exactly. And, apparently, the line was drawn at "sexual scenes, profanity, and drug use".

I said earlier that, if the book were made in to a movie, what would it be rated? If the article is to be believed (and I have no reason to doubt it), the movie would be rated "R", if not "NC-17". If the children could not (legally) get in to see the movie, they shouldn't be able to read the book.

16. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Sweetie, you too? What is it with you and Red today? Ya'll are magnets....

Frogger

17. mnredsky

That's right baby! They flock to us...LOLOLOL

18. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I didn't even do nothing ( this time) I was gone came back and porky the pig over there sending me pms. At least wait til I do something really bad to really offend you, trust me it will happen! LOL

19. mnredsky

LMAO!!!!!!! Porky the PIG......I have tears from that one!!! I spit my water all over my laptop....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

20. mnredsky

wow, this should be interesting :shock::shock:

Mine is simply just me...:mrgreen: