Marco's Italian Rest & Pizzeria

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Apr 30, 2007.

1. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I am not a big fan of Two Cousins. I would rather make my own pizza at home.

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

There is a Pizzeria Uno out at BrierCreek.

Yummm-O!

3. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

To those who makes there own pizza

Care to share any recipes. Here's mine

White Pizza
    3 cups ap flour sifted
    1 package of yeast
    1 cup 98 degrees warm water
    1 tablespoon honey
    1 pinch kosher salt
    olive oil
    2 tablespoons heavy cream
    2 cups chopped spinach in strips
    8oz pancetta bacon
    12oz whole milk mozz.
    1 package boursin cheese
    ground pepper
    sprinkle of kosher salt

use robo coupe(food processor) disolve yeast in water set until it foams, add salt,honey, olive oil( little ) and flour. Blend until ball forms. Smooth out into ball and coat with little bit of olive oil. Let proof till it doubles. I like to put mine in the oven with just the light on and a warm wet cloth on top of the bowl.

Heat oven to 500 degrees.
    Place rolled out dough on pizza pan 16 inch
    spread cream,add spinach pancetta, spread dabs of boursin, sprinkle pepper and salt and top with mozz.
    Bake 14 to 17 min. untill crust browns . Enjoy.

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

When Jimmy's pizza was in my hubby's store, I would buy my dough from them. Now, I cheat...I use Martha White's and it is yummmm!! I make my own sauce. I love a garbage pizza with almost everything on it!

5. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Love Jimmy. Good food.

Can't wait to try out a new Italian place!

Frogger

6. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

i wonder if this is the same Marco's pizza they have in fayetteville... Supposed to be pretty good

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Show me a real authentic Italian resturant anywhere around here please.

BTW......in all honesty if you are talking pizza.....then there isn't a true italian pizza to be found anywhere near hear.

Incidentally the Greeks originally came up with the pizza.

Craig

8. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

I'm with you, Craig....

9. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I am just agreeing with Kaci. :)

But I know, nothing would be compared to what I am used to from up North so I have to settle on what we have here.

And yes, I heard about it being Greek :) I am assuming we are talking about Italian food in general.

Ro

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  10. froggerplus

Craig, Jimmy is Sicilian, he's first-generation born in the US...he uses a family recipe. I'd say that's pretty authentic. If it's not what you're used to from up North then you're used to Yankee pizza ;) .

Frogger

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Some info for you Yankees, from what i understand the chef is coming here from NY so it will be authentic NY pizza. As for the other dishes, i hope they are like authentic Italian dishes, we had an authentic Italian Restaurant in VA (and it was authentic, the Italians that owned it lived next door to me) and it was great.

i don't believe, from what i have heard that it is in anyway associated with another restaurant - it is a privately owned business.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Never lived in NY so i guess i won't know the difference:lol:

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I'll have to give his a try then, but I doubt seriously it will be anything like the pizza I used to eat when I was stationed in Sicily for a year. Please note that I was stationed at Comiso Air Station and we had no chow hall on base so everything was either eat at the local resturants or shop in the comissary and cook yourself. As I lived in the dorm, all we had was a small dorm sized fridge in each room, one dorm community stove, no cookware, and one dorm community microwave. So you can take your guess where I did my eating.

Ah the days of being able to order a 5 course meal for about $7 due to the exchange rates with a bottle of the local house wine (which was usually bottled not too far away).

As for being used to Yankee pizza, can't say that I have every really tried what I would call Yankee pizza. Being from the south (Johnston/Wake counties to be exact) it's all American style pizza, with slight variations based on regional tastes, though I guess the British could call American style...Yankee pizza, since they refer to us as Yanks.

Going back to an earlier comment I love Franks pizza in Raleigh, been going there off and on since I was 5-6 years old. But it still isn't like the pizza I ate while stationed in Sicily.

Craig

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Craig is definitely not from up North...he is born & bred JoCo. I'm the only northerner in our house! :mrgreen:

15. tame44444

tame44444 Well-Known Member

Open Yet?

I went to get coffee at the Grapevine this morning and they said that Marco's is supposed to open up for business today. If anyone goes, let us know what you had and how they are!

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

DH just called me and said that he and his work crew had been invited by the owners to go eat there today! So I guess we'll soon find out!

17. Rostrawberry

Aawww that was nice of the owners :)

I am hoping to swing by there sometime this weekend.

Ro

18. froggerplus

Duh, forgot! Teehee, that's because I like the Yankee of the house :) .

Frogger

19. 274

274 Guest

it was really good

so far we didn't get pizza today but the ziti and knots were very good!

20. Rostrawberry

Speaking of food/restaurant

My husband and I are going to Chapel Hill for an appointment on Monday and I was thinking about doing lunch. Does anyone know of a restaruant that we should try out. We will be in UNC area.

We won't have the toddlers with us so I thought it would be nice, just the 2 of us.

Thanks

Ro