Mastador

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by ServerSnapper, May 2, 2013.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I adopted another dog. His name is Charlie and he's a Mastador. 7 months old. CHEWS EVERYTHING!!!

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Oh God Bless you!!! I've had a mastador for about a year now, we adopted him at 9 mos old, and he is a one dog destruction machine. Nothing is safe, all food has to be in cabinets or on top of the fridge, if I leave for a minute I have to put him in his kennel. He thinks he's a lap dog. I wish you well!

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

How is he getting along with those two Great Pyrenees you adopted last year?

4. ServerSnapper

One of my Pyrenees passed away due to a heart problem. That's when I adopted Roman. So I have 3 big dogs. They all get along great. The Mastador is by far the most hyper and loving. I have never seen a dog so loving.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Must be tough toting that big of a dog back and forth to Afghanistan.

6. Cleopatra

Maybe they are soldier dogs.

7. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

A Jolly Ball is a great outdoor toy for large dogs who like to play/chew/destroy things.

9. ServerSnapper

I am actually home for a month and then going back. I am not nor have I been in afganistan. I have been in UES. Cow.

10. ServerSnapper

at 7 months Charlie weighs in at 65 lbs. Also Charlie is very affectionate. He comes and puts his paws over my shoulders and lays his head on my shoulder then the huge amount of licking commences.

11. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, Bo is a very loving dog. His previous owner instilled no training at all, so we got a 9mos old giant with no boundaries! He knocks over little kids and small adults without meaning it, he is very loving, but stubborn as a mule! Getting him inside is a challenge, my neighbors probably get a good laugh at me chasing him around the yard, he thinks it's all a game.

12. Cleopatra

What is this?

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showpost.php?p=618793&postcount=12

Semper Fi

Sgt Wheeler

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't see any cows...............but I sure do smell some BS. Anybody got any barn boots? :lol:

14. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I used to hang out and only read the 'Cat Dog' section of 4042 but there's not much activity here ... now you guys are ruining this section too. From my recollection, he said he had the opportunity to go to Afghanistan, but his wife had the final decision to make ... exactly as Cleo quoted. I guess they decided he wasn't going over. Looks like he had an opportunity to travel elsewhere but didn't inform us. I wonder why.

Could you please keep your attacking, bullying and bossiness to the other sections of the board? Although I must admit, y'all DO fight like "Cats and Dogs" ... so maybe it is appropriate.

Personally, I wanna talk about dogs! (Or cats ... or hamsters ... or birds ... or horses ... or bunnies ... or chickens ... or frogs ... or even snakes and spiders!)

15. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

16. ServerSnapper

Charlie is so much a puppy. But I can't get him to go in his doghouse I bought him. I have tried putting in some of my old clothes...he just drags them out and slings them around like toys.

P.S. Notice the two who came in here to attack always accuse others of doing the same. My guess is they have no clue what UES is. Anyway sorry they came in here showing their true colors. It must suck to be bitter all the time.

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Awww! He looks like my neighbors dog, who comes to the back door and barks if mine aren't outside. LOL Good Luck with the new pup!!!

18. ServerSnapper

Thank you pretty lady...

19. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I have no clue what UES is, but if you say you're spending time there or going there, I'll take you at your word.

My next door neighbors had a mastador when I was a kid. She was a big lovable lug, but she was very typical 'puppy'. Would much rather play and turn anything in to a game. Tried everyone's patience (they had three boys, and an older collie, and still couldn't wear out the 'puppy'). When she matured, it was like she was a different dog - very sharp and obedient. AWESOME dog.

Everything's a game ... remember that. Make going in his doghouse fun. It's got to be fun to be in there. Throw in some treats, praise when he goes in to get them. Throw in something that takes him longer to eat .. praise if he eats it in the house. Throw in a bone .. praise if he stays in the house to chew on it. Build up from a few seconds to a few minutes to longer. I'm sure you know all this .. but I've had coffee and my fingers are typing with a mind of their own. ;)

20. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Yours should be maturing soon ... my next door neighbor's girl matured in between 2-3 years old, and it just sort of 'clicked' with her that she was a dog, not a puppy any more! It was the oddest transition! Just make sure he gets plenty of exercise and things to focus on (training, a job to do, things to keep him busy). And post pictures! ;)

PS: What's his name? My neighbor's dog was Poly ... short for Polyester. They had a white collie named Cotton ... they liked theme names.