McGees Break inns

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lynne, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Shagman

Shagman Guest

My break-in occurred in the afternoon.

They tried to pry back door open with screwdriver and then just broke glass to reach deadbolt. Took only change, cash, and jewelry that I know of. This is drug currency. No pawn shops for these types.

If you have valuables that you rarely use or see, go to the bank and get a safety deposit box or at least make it almost impossible to find in 15 minutes or less. Don't make it easy for them hiding stuff in shoe boxes or a shaving drawer. It will not work.

In hind sight, I wish I had prioritized an alarm system, used keyed deadbolts, installed motion camera, and followed my advise above.

2. lynne

lynne Member

Are they only hitting houses with no cars at home.

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Was this within the last few days?

4. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

Were the most recent ones occurring near Josephine rd? I think the sherriffs know who's responsible for those but the guy is on the run. He is a heroin addict supposedly and looking for items to trade for a fix. When I called the Liutenant on duty with JoCo Sherriff he told me the majority of the breakins are happening at dawn when people have left for work. Is that true? If that's the case these little ******bags have to be watching people leave their houses. What are they driving? Someone has to of seen their vehicle(s).

5. emismom

emismom Well-Known Member

I came down Raleigh rd. tonight about 830 and there were 4 or 5 sheriff cars outside a house and another one passed by me like he was headed there it could've had nothing to do with this but it was the first thing I thought of when I seen them

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Let's hope that they made an arrest!

7. lynne

lynne Member

I am lucky i don't work away from home. Now I feel like I have to stay home all the time to keep the crooks away. All the outside lights are on at night and I keep the alarm to my car beside my bed. I was told by someone to use the remote to set the car alarm off and it someone was around hopefully this would scare them away. I sure hope they catch these people soon. It is just way to many in our neighborhood now. Hopefully everyone will keep a watch out and tell their neighbors too. Keep the info coming so we can be aware of whats going on in our neighborhoods. Thanks for the info about Raleigh rd, I live right off there.

8. michelle

I heard that they caught the guy last night but I can't find any links to it on WRAL.

9. lynne

lynne Member

I tried to find links to arrest too,and could't find any.

10. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

Story On WTSB Radio news(the real place for JOCO news)(don't know why his pic didn't paste but you can check out the story and see his mug) SCUMBAG!!!!

Suspect Linked To 3 Break-Ins In 48 Hours

A Willow Spring man arrested Thursday one day after he allegedly broke into a home on Polenta Road in the Cleveland community has now been linked to two additional residential break-ins. Jason Vance Jenkins, of Calm Court, was arrested after the victim in the July 11 break-in wrote down his license plate number as he was leaving the scene.

On Monday, the Johnston County Sheriff’s Office announced Jenkins has now been linked to two separate July 10 break-ins on Southgate Drive and Old Evans Road, Garner. He is now facing three burglary, and two larceny charges, along with one count of possessing burglary tools. With the new charges, bail for the 27 year-old suspect was increased from $30,000 to $230,000.

11. lynne

lynne Member

so does anyone know what happened last night on Raleigh rd?

12. emismom

emismom Well-Known Member

i havent heard anything yet

13. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

He's been busy for quite some time:
    http://www.4042.com/jocosheriff/arr...name=Jason&city=&month=0&day=0&year=0&charge=

14. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if this is the same guy who has been robbing houses by kicking in doors... It would seem not, since he was in possession of "burglary tools" according to the article. Unless of course we consider a big foot in a boot "burglary tools." Also, the person whose son was home during one of the break-ins heard "voices" so there has to be at least someone else still on the loose.

I just wonder if this is the same person who's been breaking into the 30+ homes in the area since April. Whatever you do, don't let your guard down just because this person has been arrested. It would seem that there is more to this than just this one guy...

15. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Here's another

Arrest Made In Home Invasion
    A Johnston County homeowner returned home last Friday night around 11pm to find a burglar in their bedroom. Authorities said the victim turned on the lights in the bedroom and discovered the suspect who then fled out the door. On Tuesday, James Barham McLaughlin Jr., 26, of Samantha Drive, Garner was charged in the July 13 incident on East Keri Drive, Garner, in western Johnston County.

McLaughlin was charged with first degree burglary. He was also served with a warrant for failing to appear in court on a 2005 misdemeanor drug paraphernalia citation. Bond was set at $50,500.

wtsb

16. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

WOW, I am shocked, because I know this kid's family, and know that he comes from a good family..... What drugs can do to you :( Still keeping my guard up though.......

17. RISteveH

RISteveH Well-Known Member

Apparently not since a house in my neighborhood got hit sometime between Friday afternoon and this morning. neighbors even left vehicles in the driveway while they were gone.

Sooner or later they are going to pick the wrong house and BANG, one less dirt bag.

18. michelle

What neighborhood do you live in (or just the vicinity)?

19. RISteveH

RISteveH Well-Known Member

Off 50 between Old Drugstore and Don Lee's

20. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

Over here at Hardee X-roads the sheriff deputies just came to a neighbors house and hauled off a four wheeler and two dirt bikes.

Wonder where they came from?