Meet Our New Puppy!!

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by kdc1970, May 30, 2008.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

2. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Now that's a face that makes everything ok again! Give that little one a big squeeze for me and Miss Fancy Pants (my av.)

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Oh, wow, what a face!!!! Adorable!!! Where did you find him/her? What's it's name? Congrats on the new baby!!

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's a girl, she was born March 30th, just got her Wednesday night. She has some mini-schnauzer, and heaven knows what else. Looks like she's going to be fairly small though. Haven't really picked a name yet, looking for inspiration on that. My BIL's brother had them, there were 5 in the litter, although she was the only female, the rest of them were white and brown, believe it or not. They live over near Charlotte and I think the rest of them were taken, although I can check of course. She's doing GREAT though with the house training. She has yet to have an accident in her crate, and we put her in at about 11:30 and have been getting up at 6:30. That's unexpected for such a young dog, oh, and she doesn't cry at all at night! :shock:

5. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

That is such an ADORABLE puppy!! I called my 6 year old little girl in to see her picture and I wish you could have heard the "awwwww" that came out of her mouth. I asked what a good name for the puppy would be and she said Brownie, (of course.) I said, 'what about a people name' and then she said.....

Genessa :confused:

Where in the world did she come up with a name like that? :lol:

Enjoy your precious little one!

6. le

le Well-Known Member

Absolutely adorable!

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I think she looks like an Amber. Some kind of gemstone name ... with her 'rough beauty', I'd look in to names after stones ...

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks guys!! After much back and forth between the three of us, I got outvoted and her name is "Sandy"................not my first pick as I know a human Sandy 8), but it will do. She's still doing great, so laid back!

9. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your new addition kdc! She looks so sweet. Makes me want another one.

10. A friend told me to check out the puppy, that she may of looked like my old dog would of maybe looked when she was a puppy. I have a good name for your new doggy. Pepper Belle

11. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

I vote for "Charlotte"!

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I feel so honored! :lol:

She's adorable!!!

13. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

What a cutie!

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks for the kind words everybody, we think she's adorable too. She's been a joy so far. :)

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Congrats with the new puppy, She has got beautiful eyes!!

Sandy...hmmm... such a wonderful name!!

:hurray:

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics kdc, she is adorable and looks so sweet:hurray:

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

What a cutie pa-tutie!!! :lol:

18. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

OMG!!! How adorable!!!

I am so jealous!!!:lol:

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

She's being mischievious today, but that is to be expected. Puppies are about worse than babies, LOL. So far only a couple minor accidents in the house, and those were entirely our fault and several days ago. I'm being hyper vigilent about taking her out, we are going at least every couple hours while she is not in the crate. Crate training is going exceptionally well too, I've lost no sleep due to the pup! Amazing! We are back to having a naming crisis though, I've decided Sandy is too close to my son's name and it may confuse her. Back to the drawing board! :?:

First appt. with the vet tomorrow........................

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

If I can give you any advise about "going to pee"... it has to be *EXCITING* like *YOU GOTTA GO PEE - YOU READY TO GO PEE*.

USE the words - either "Sandy go pee" OR "Sandy outside" You will love me forever!!!!

It's their name and what you want them to do.