Menopause?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Aug 29, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

That sounds about right but it also it varies from woman to woman.
    I had a hyster too but kept the ovaries.

2. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I'm 69 yrs old and went through menopause early. I cn remember the hot flashes at night and would wake up with my gown soaked!! I stuck it out and took nothing. Glad I did!! Pat

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

4. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Here is my experience....I starting having symptoms in my 30's. As was stated, it varies from woman to woman. On my mom's side of the family, all the women pretty much went thru menopause early, so of course, I had to follow suit. Pre or perimenopause can last quite a while. At the time I did not use anything. About 5 years ago, I had a hysterectomy and I hit menopause full on within a month, which my doctor told me that I would probably do. I was put on hormones with the patch....it did not seem to help me much, but I have an aunt that said it did wonders for her. Again, I think that varies from person to person. Now I still have symptons off and on, thankfully I am almost to the end....but it does take a while to get through. I froze everyone out when I was going through it and everyone had to kind of walk on egg shells because no knew how I would react to something. LOL But the think I would do is discuss things with your doctor. I believe Walgreens sells kits to test to see if you are going through menopause. I am not sure of their accuracy, but with all the advances that have been made in making things more accurate, who knows....may be worth giving it a shot. There are a lot of websites pertaining to this and a lot of information out there. Every woman is different, so what might work for one, may not work for another and the same with the ages....one person may not go through it until their 50's and someone else may start in their 30's. I told my daughter it was like going through puberty except in reverse.