Miss California's comments

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by crazymom2girls, Apr 21, 2009.

1. If you've heard about Miss California USA's comments on the pageant cost her the crown, what are your thoughts? To me, it seems that no matter what your beliefs are on the subject of gay marriage, she was entitled to her own opinion. I mean, why would Perez Hilton ask a political or religious question if he'll only accept one answer? That one answer has to agree with his views. It should not have cost her the crown. If it were the other way around and a person against gay marriage asked the question and the contestant answered it against his views and it cost her a crown, there would be an uproar. Everyone would feel so sorry for her.

2. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I agree. The girl answered the question honestly. Now you're raked over the coals for that in the media???? So sad. Do I think she lost the crown over it? No way to tell, but always possible. I'm shocked that a pageant official then came out and said that they were disappointed with her answer. WHAT???? I say kudos to her for sticking to her guns. She didn't give the popular answer and stuck to her morals. :hurray:

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I saw him interviewed on the CBS Early Show. Basically he said, because it was a political question, she shouldn't have answered it.
    If she shouldn't have answered it, why did he ask it in the first place? He knew her stance on the subject. It's no big secret that she's a conservative Christian. It was a set up.

Personally I'm in favour of same-sex marriage (or at least not against it). But I don't think he should be using his politics to judge a person in a non-political event. He was wrong in asking.

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I agree.

5. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Me too.

6. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

:iagree: He's a drama queen who was drumming up publicity for himself. He is still talking smack about her in the media. He's not doing himself any favors if you ask me.

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Perez Hilton is to the media what Matt Drudge is to politics. This week it's Miss California, last month it was Lindsey Lohan, six months ago it was... Well, you get the picture. He had a one time shot where he got it right (Britanny Spears' meltdown) and is now trying to do it again with whatever he can.

8. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I love that you follow Perez...Nothing wrong with that.

9. I checked Perez Hilton's website ( I know! Mistake!) and he said that the question did cost her the crown. I'm not sure if he's just saying that or it's really true. Personally, I scanned through his website, and I don't see the point in trashing people constantly. That's how he makes his living. He must feel like real scum when he lays down to go to sleep at night. I couldn't sleep if I said half the things he does.

10. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I do know that some (not all) of the people he trashes actually don't mind and use it to their advantage. The old idea that some exposure is better than none.

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I don't. I just know of him through legitimate media.

12. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

My stance... If your going to be gay, Be gay and stfuabout it! It ****ed me off to no end him and his loud queer behind getting on there calling her a dumb Enlightened person. He really needs to take a long hard look in the mirror because he's the dumb Enlightened person... and proved it with his sissy fit on, what was it Youtube. How gay was that!:roll::roll::roll:

This doesn't just go for outspoken queers, it goes to outspoken heteros too. Don't rub your sexuality in my face.:nopity:

13. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Ms. NC was way hotter.

14. kookookacho

Hell, they looked the same to me. Both blonds with boobs. :lol:

15. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

What Koo said.

16. kookookacho

too obvious?
    :lol:

17. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

:iagree:

18. seabee

seabee Guest

:iagree::iagree::cheers::cheers:

19. Aglassnut

Aglassnut Well-Known Member

I have no problem with same sex marriage. I've met plenty of gay people that are better humans than many straight couples. With that being said, his queer *** set her up. He (she, it, whatever) knew her stance and was looking for some dirt for his site and to give himself more notoriety. I have no problem with her stance and she did a really nice job on giving a great answer. Her entire answer was very well spoken and presented.

Mike

20. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I know and she wasn't expecting that question that's for sure. She probably had rehearsed so many different answers and was ready to conjure one up, but then he drops that on her. I feel bad for Miss NC actually. This should be her time to shine, but she'll always be in the shadow of this. It's her that should kick Perez's sorry arse.