Missing child!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Chimp, May 18, 2008.

1. Clif

Clif Guest

Yes, they keep saying that. But not one single quote from anyone on the SPD with the word "hoax" in it.

Here's a thought for the movie-goers out there...

Suppose it's all a big plan to have her look like she's insane? Suppose that "his" family actually snatched up the kid at the flea market and are now telling the cops that he was with them the whole time?

Good plot to a movie, don'tcha think?

2. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Clif............you're gonna get them started now! :)

3. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

yes it is....... what suspense that would be......

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Check the first post on the previous page, I quoted an article from NBC17. He said it was possibly a hoax.

I don't know how else, or what else to quote.

5. Clif

Clif Guest

Thinking about it, wasn't that a plot of a movie recently, except it was on a plane?

6. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I dunno, what was the name of the movie, you remember..... ????

7. Clif

Clif Guest

At this point, I'm only messing with you. It doesn't really matter, except if they believe it was a hoax, why aren't they charging her?

8. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I think it's b/c there may be a list of charges and the FBI is taking over..... it's out of Smithfield's hands.

9. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

I was watching the interview live on News 14 and a reporter asked him if it was a misunderstanding and he said there was no misunderstanding, more of a hoax. He did say it.

Here's the quote: (from news14.com)
    "It wasn't a misunderstanding," Smithfield police Chief Steve Gillikin said, making that clear. "I think [it was a] hoax -- without going into too many details. It probably would not be wise to comment on what the plan was yet."

You're not crazy KDC!

10. Clif

Clif Guest

I don't remember, but I think it starred that "Silence of the Lambs" woman.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well.................stop it already!! :jester: I know what I heard the man say while I was watching the live feed! :lol: :lol: :lol: Honestly, they didn't really say a whole lot other than he was safe, it was a hoax, and the investigation continues. 8)

12. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

so wonder if there really is a husband? who is a safari tour guide..... that was a new one for me

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thank you!! I will be crazy before I get done on this thread today!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. Clif

Clif Guest

I looked it up. It was "Flightplan" staring Jodie Foster.

Well, I guess I must have had a good idea after all. Someone beat me to it.

15. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

oh god, it's coming to me....... hang on!

16. Grammie

Grammie Guest

Yes KDC was right all any one has to do is read it. I was the one that made the mistake and didn't hear it. They did say hoax. Sorry KDC seem to have started drama. :popcorn:

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No drama here, more a head scratcher....................was beginning to wonder about myself! :mrgreen:

18. Clif

Clif Guest

But KellBell distinctly heard them say specifically that they were not calling it a hoax.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

From WTSB..............................

Police Chief: Disappearance Of 3 Year-Old From Flea Market Was A "Hoax"
    [​IMG]
    Smithfield Police Chief Steve Gillikin talks to the media during an 11am press conference on Tuesday. Gillikin said the reported disappearance of Sirah Davenport from the Brightleaf Flea Market on Sunday was a "hoax." WTSB Photo

The disappearance of a Four Oaks child from the Brightleaf Flea Market on Sunday was a “hoax” according to Smithfield Police Chief Steve Gillikin. Gillikin spoke to the media during a press conference Tuesday morning at the Smithfield Town Hall. “The 911 call was placed in Smithfield. Nothing else happened here,” according to the police chief. Just before noon on Sunday, Rosnah Thomason of Go Cart Road, Four Oaks reported her 3 year-old son, Siraj Munir “Roji” Davenport, missing. Thomason told police she was loading produce into her car when he disappeared. She claimed she searched for her son for nearly two hours before reporting him as missing. Chief Gillikin said the child was never in Smithfield, he was not abducted from a flea market, and the child was safe. “The child was never in any danger,” he added. “It’s very frustrating…look at all the resources that could have been spent on something else.” Chief Gillikin was concerned the reported abduction and subsequent Amber Alert issued for the child could desensitize the public in the event of a real abduction in the future. Chief Gillikin would not say if the mother would face any charges. The police chief also said it was too early to confirm who the biological parents of the child actually are. Chief Gillikin said the FBI interviewed Mrs. Thomason for several hours on Monday. Around midnight officials said information was confirmed the child had been out of the area since the weekend. Officials would not disclose the child’s whereabouts, or even say if he was still in the United States, only confirming he was with family. Officials would not [​IMG]say if the incident was part of a custody dispute over the 3 year-old. Chief Gillikin said the investigation was still ongoing. Members of the FBI, Johnston County Sheriff’s Office, NC Highway Patrol, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, and numerous other agencies were involved in the search for the child. On the eight minute 911 call Thomason made Sunday reporting Roji as missing she said, “Well we were going to have a barbecue today, I just told him to put on his blue shirt with a yellow truck, and a pair of sweatpants . . . He’s usually very, very good He always follows me around,” she said. As the dispatchers asked more questions about Roji’s appearance, Thomason's voice began to waver. “How tall is he?” the dispatcher asked. “I don’t know. He’s about a little higher than my knees. I don’t know,” sounding more distressed. “I don’t know anyone around here. We just moved here.” Toward the end of the call, Thomason told the dispatcher that she tried looking for Roji by herself, but went to her friend’s house to ask for help. The call ends with a police officer meeting her at the flea market.

20. Grammie

Grammie Guest

All the quotes since then say he called it a hoax. I missed the begining of it because I was trying to find the channel.