Missing dog found far away-want it back?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by peppercorns, Dec 9, 2004.

?

Would you try to get your pet back if it were found so far from home?

1. Yes - as quick as I could.

99.4%
  2. Maybe - if it didn't cost a lot.

0.6%
  3. No - I would not go that far out of my way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

why did we drag up a thread almost 3 years old, and who is AlexZello??

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I didn't even look at the date or see this three years ago?? Good catch!

I think the original lady gave her dog away and didn't admit it! We find dogs with chips all the time and when we trace the owner, instead of happiness it is, "Oh, I gave that dog to my neighbors friends brother!" After 10 more call, we find out the dog has been passed around etc.... it is so sad.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yesterday he/she dredged up a July 2006 poll on the Middle-east.

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Ha! It was so old, I didn't even remember what my answer was on the poll!

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I would go get my baby as fast as I could...no question! As most of you know on here, I recently lost my Elvis to cancer. While I agree that Veterinarian care is extremely pricey (especially after hours emergency clinics such as VSH), I would gladly pay what I did again for the great 5 additional months we had with our little guy. I won't post what we spent because I don't want to here some of the mouths on here. Bottom line, it was our money...we both work full time...it's our business how we spend it! ;) As far as pet insurance goes, not only is it costly, it doesn't cover as much as you would think. You must still pay it all up front and wait to be reinbursed part of it by the insurance company.

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I dont care how far away my dogs are, my answer would be a very quick "H3LL yeah" I will pay anything from any distance to get them back.

(Now please note, that isnt an open invitation to come kidnap my dogs so I'll pay a ransom .... *GRIN*)

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

<puts down car keys and directions to elims' house> :lol:

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Thanks, Cleo ... would hate to send some ghosts after you!! ;)

9. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

that won't do any good... all she'll do is take pictures of'em. :mrgreen:

10. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Accually I have parrots and this really isn't true for birds either. They would have to be very well trained to fly back to you, only two of my six are right now. They fly to my on demand. If a PET parrot fly's outside and has never been out there like that then most likely they will not fly back to you.
    sheri

11. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I didn't even see that, now I feel stupid lol.
    Sheri