more bs at jc schools

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tigerlily, May 24, 2009.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's not my reading comprehension that is in question here. :beathorse:The post that caused me to even respond to this thread was the one suggesting that the parent consider letting the child be held back. The OP clearly stated that the child had been doing well up until the substitute. Not sure what part of that you don't get. Then you start your Wayneisms. But if it makes you feel superior to denigrate my reading and suggest that I need meds, knock yourself out.

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

And you felt the parent could or should not consider that option because? Odd you rant about the parent being able to decide all while wanting to limit what is suggested for consideration. If it is not reading conprehension which is the problem it may be something deeper.

The part that stated how long it would take the student to catch up that three months especially when the parent could not afford a tutor this summer. Without such information going on and holding the student back ARE valid options to consider. I do not know what part of that you do not get.

3. Wayne Stollings

Then can you tell us where the suggestion of this alternative in any way took the decision away from the parent as you claimed? Maybe if you can explain that for us so we are on the same page.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It may be an entirely valid option! HOWEVER, I am assuming (and God help me for that) that the parent, who is a whole lot closer to the situation than us, HAS considered it or she wouldn't be fighting against it. Geez-O-Pete, you sanctimonious ***. :roll:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Wayne, I am done. Think what you want to think about me. I really don't care.

6. Wayne Stollings

And anyone who doesn't make that assumption was wrong and was trying to take the decision away from the parent?
    If the assumption was not valid and the parent had not thought through the options what then?

7. Wayne, I was just reading this thread. It looks like you have entirely too much time on your hands. Yes, you may quote this and insult me. I expect it!

8. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

KDC,
    FWIW I totally agreed with you about this. ;)

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Do you have any work samples from this school year??

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

There is testing through the school that is required in order to see if the student meets the federal/state guidlines for services. How old is the child?

11. misy68

misy68 Active Member

Did the attorney help you?

12. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Once the county received the paperwork saying we were taking legal action, we starting seeing results! hmmmm....

13. misy68

misy68 Active Member

Nice! I have had such a rough time with j.c. schools ever since moving here three years ago. I just don't seem to get it in my head that they feel that they are above the law. I am used to dealing with schools that do what they say and if they don't there was usually a logical explanation for it. As a matter of fact, I can honestly say that they taught me a lot about the laws.
    Dealing with this garbage on a daily basis is making me not only crazy but really mad. Thanks for listening:allears:
    Missy