"MORE GOOD NEWS" NOT!

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by ForeverFaithful, Dec 16, 2008.

1. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Well, I am home for the rest of the day. I just got laid off! Like Clif ~ Merry Christmas!!! I have cried all the way home and now have a massive headach. Just what I needed now with everything else that has been going on. I am praying that my when my husband goes in tonight that he does not get laid off also. THIS TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Oh FF . I'm so sorry!!!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm very sorry to hear that FF. Thoughts and prayers coming your way that you will find something else soon. :grouphug:

4. seabee

seabee Guest

Sorry to hear all that.

5. ForeverFaithful

I am hoping I can find something soon. With trying to help my brother out along with other things, it is just not a good time.

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

so sorry to hear your news FF.....

where were you layed off from? what kind of work do you do? I will keep my ears and eyes open for you.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

FF - I am SO sorry! We too are just waiting for the other 'shoe to drop'. They just laid off 2 more guys in my dh's office this past Friday. Rumor is 'no more lay-offs before xmas' - so there will probably be more afterwards....

I know you're under alot of stress with your brother? moving in etc....and the son being away. Try to find something positive in the situation. I'll keep you in my prayers. :grouphug:

8. ForeverFaithful

I worked at Gregory Poole Equipment Company, Admin.

Opened/closed work orders, entered time for payroll, scheduling, keeping track of work done, dealing with customers, etc....

thanks kellbell

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

you're welcome....I will keep my eyes and ears open for an admin position. would you be interested in temp work?

10. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

The economy sucks.

My DH was laid off a month ago, and started a new job on Monday of this week.

I hope you find something soon.

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

FF,

Call me. My shoulders are wide and you can cry all you want before the teen gets home. Better yet, I may just call you.

Things will turn out,
    Sherry

12. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Ouch! Sorry to hear you too.

I have a list of Job Seeker websites I frequent, if you would like. :)

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

FF, I"m so sorry! :grouphug:

If I hear of anything, I'll let you know.

14. ForeverFaithful

That woudl be great Clif ~ Thanks

15. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

So sorry FF. I'll keep you in my prayers that you will find something very soon.

We were asked today to "voluntarily" take some time off between now and the end of the year. I just don't know what is going to happen. All we can do is take it day by day.

16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I forgot to ask you on the telephone what time the concert is tonight? Did you say 7:00 pm? I might talk to the teen and see if she can get out of swim practice early to join all of you.

With your 4042 family you have loads of support...use them.

Your friend,
    Sherry

17. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

18. ForeverFaithful

Yes, it starts at 7:00 and it is at the Clayton Center.

Anyone that wants to come to a Christmas concert, the Clayton band is having theirs tonight at the time and place above. DD will be playing tonight.

Also, Friday night we will be at Cleveland Draft House celebrating my brother's birthday if anyone wants to stop by and say hi.

19. ForeverFaithful

Thanks Clif ~ I just got off the phone to my mom and she said that now I could go to my nieces school (like she wanted me to) and participate in their Gingerbread House Making (out of milk cartons), so guess that is one things I will do tomorrow besides the unemployment office.

20. ForeverFaithful

kdc ~ I found the check I wrote you for the popcorn. I will sent it out in the mail to you. I am so sorry, I totally forgot about it.