MP4 and Itunes help

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by Allioop, May 29, 2012.

1. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I downloaded a song (audio only) that wasn't available in the itunes store but it is supposed to be itunes compatible. It's saved as MP4 and the file was saved in a zip drive but I don't know how to transfer it to itunes. I don't have to get it to itunes but I need the actual song burned to a CD. It does not open in Windows Media Player. What should I do? Hope that made sense! :mrgreen:

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

You saved it as an MP4? Was it an MP3 already? Please ellaborate.

3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Yes it was an MP3, and I didn't mean to save it as an MP4. I bought it as an MP3 but when I saved it, somehow it became an Mp4! I have no idea how. I've never actually bought a song that wasn't already on itunes so I've never dealt with this. I ordered the song from the website of the artist. Now I can't get it to play anywhere! It saved it in a zip drive. When I open to "play in itunes" it does nothing.

4. ServerSnapper

I need to know what OS you are running so we can change the file extension back to MP3.

5. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Where do you still find ZIP Drive media???:?

Along with what SS said on OS to get you to explorer to change the extension .... you can also download VLC player (FREE). It doesn't care what the extension is to open a file, it evaluates the file contents. And under the programs menu choice "Media" you can "Convert/Save" the file to any of the audio extension choices.

6. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I was just going to post that I am having trouble with getting iTunes music transferred to my Droid phone. I downloaded Doubletwist and I think it was a bad idea. half the music I have ripped to my computer (PC-Vista) I can't play using Windows Media and some of it the Double twist doesn't recognize. With the internet issues last night related to the storm, I am hoping to try and solve the mystery. I hope I don't have to start from scratch downloading all my music b/c I bought 5 iTune songs. :?

7. ServerSnapper

I sent her an email more detailed. No need to post that boring crap here. VLC rocks. You can also sync up movie sound where the voice is falling ahead or behind the picture. It's awesome.

8. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Use Motorola Motocast (free): http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/MOTOCAST%E2%84%A2/Motocast,en_US,pd.html?start=4&cgid=software