My 16 yr old got mugged this afternoon...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blusdrmr, Apr 29, 2009.

1. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Any information leading to the arrest of these worthless pieces of trash would be great.

This afternoon about 3:00pm, my 16 yrd old son was riding his bike behind the dance studio off of Cleveland School Rd in the Lancaster subdivision. He said that 6 or more black guys jumped him, shoved a gun in his chest, beat him and then stole his cell phone, iPod and $80 in cash (yes he had cash, he earned it himself). His cheek is bruised and cut and his braces are broken along with a fat lip. They also told him while they were beating him that they knew who he was, where he lived and that if he told the police, they would kill his two younger brothers.

His cell phone had been used after the robbery and the number called was 919-632-6243. It is a cell phone number. I called the number asking who it was because the number showed up on my bill and I didn't know who it was. He said his name was Michael (my son's name). He then hung up. I called it back and the person's voice mail said his name was Kevin Morris (same voice as the one who answered the phone). I called it back no more then 10 minutes later and the number was disconnected.

We did file a police report with JOCO Sheriff's Dept.

Please, if you have any information, let us know. These idiots WILL be found and dealt with.

2. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

OMG..I am so sorry to hear this about your son. That poor kid must be scared to death. I hope you catch these guys.

3. blusdrmr

Yes, he is. Already an "angry teenager" and now this.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

OMG! How awful for you all! I hope they can catch these thugs. :evil:
    Was this in the neighborhood? or near dance art building?

5. blusdrmr

He said it was on the hill (??) behind the studio. He has a friend that lives in the cul-de-sac right behind the studio and he goes over there all of the time.

Anyone know this Kevin Morris? Does he live in the neighborhood?

6. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

That reminds me..Dance Arts has video camera but I am not sure on what side of the building its on...you may want to check with them. The owner's name is Amber, very nice girl.

7. gracey1314

gracey1314 Well-Known Member

did he know anything else about what they looked like? i was on my way home from work at like 8:00 and these 3 dudes were walking around out there over at Tag auto area, thought it was a weird place for people to just be hanging around.

8. blusdrmr

All he said was the main one had on a bright colored shirt (red or orange). He was so shook up that he had a hard time explaining to the officer what happened.

9. blusdrmr

That is what the officer said but he was not sure which side of the building it was on, either.

10. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh!!! Your poor son!!! I hope these thugs are found and gotten off the street soon! I cannot imagine what your son and your family are going thru. Your family is in my prayers!!!

11. blusdrmr

Thanks.

Now...if I can find these losers and make their kneecaps hurt, real bad, I would feel better and so would my son.

12. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I hope that their faces were caught on the tape! It is a shame that no one is safe any more no matter where they are or what they do. Even more so for our kids.

Hang in there. Like I said, your family is in our prayers, as I am sure that you are in other's prayers also. I am thankful that your son did not get hurt worse than he was.

13. blusdrmr

Same here. He is one scared dude right now.

The officer said that this is quite rare for this area. He had come from the Durham PD and likes it here much better than Durham. He said that they have not had an armed robbery around here in a long time.

14. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Thank God he is alive or not more hurt.
    And they must know him since they know how many siblings he has etc!

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers that these kids will get justice!

15. blusdrmr

I have no doubt that they know him. THe guy who answered the phone when I called it told me HIS name was Michael and then I found it to be Kevin Morris. He knew who my son was so I figure it was this moron who either did it or was involved.

16. seabee

seabee Guest

surely sucks..... damn it man...

17. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Sending prayers your way!! I hope the guys are caught!!

18. blusdrmr

Thanks all.

Again...if anyone hears of anything (neighborhood watch, kids at school, etc) please let me know or let the JOCO Sheriff know. These jerks need to pay for what they did. You have no idea just how angry I am right now.

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

good luck and i hope they are found and caught and made to pay for what they did. i live behind DanceArt, not the subdivision right behind it, but have noticed some teenagers walking out neighborhood late at nite, 2am or so, that i have no idea who they are and know they do not live in our neighborhood. If i see them again, i will try to get descriptions and let ya know.

20. blusdrmr

Thanks. He said the one who robbed him (or did the dirty work as it were) was a black male about 5' 10", thin, with a deep voice and had on a bright red or orange shirt.