My 16 yr old got mugged this afternoon...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blusdrmr, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

That's horrible. It's terribly scary to think something that violent could happen in this area, to a child (or anyone else) in broad daylight. I really hope the crooks are caught soon. Isn't there some way for cell phone locations to be tracked? I hope your son will be OK soon. That's a terrible ordeal to go through. My Dad is still very shaken up from being robbed at gun point months ago. Hopefully your son will be able to pull through this OK.

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Dan, this is awful.

Ask the JOCO if they can check WJHS records for that name, is that where your son goes to school?

Also, maybe compare the last name Morris to the tax records of people who live in/around that neighborhood?

http://www.johnstonnc.com/taxcardlookup/nameaction2.cfm

3. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

I would just call the Sheriffs dept next time and tell them there are suspicious people walking around if it's at 2 am. I am sure they will come and check it out!

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I was going to say.

Good luck finding these thugs and getting a little justice :lol:. I hope your son recovers quickly.

5. ShrtnSwt

Did your son go to school today? I am sure he might hear something in the halls!

6. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

He can come and work out for free at my Karate school for a while to get his confidence back.

www.redtangsoodo.com

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Very cool redtang.

And blus, I wouldn't bank on this kid's name being Kevin Morris. Just sayin'.

8. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Blus...sent u a PM.......

9. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear your son went through this, how horrible. And during the day? Makes me want to not let my 14 yr old walk through our neighborhood alone, jeez!

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You probably should have let the sheriffs department handle this. By calling it, you have given them a heads up.

11. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Getting robbed at gun point is traumatizing no matter what age. I was robbed at gunpoint in my 20's. I still remember it like it was yesterday. I was terrified for the first few weeks. You need to really stay close to your son these next few weeks. Let him get confidence back. He will naturally be scared for awhile and most likely jump at hte littlest things. I was robbed at gunpoint, had my car stolen, etc. They never caught the guy who did it. I'd keep him home from school a day or two. Last thing I think he'd want to do is re-hash what has happened w/ everyone who asks about his bruises/ lip/ etc. For him, it would be replaying the event. I can only speak from personal experience from when it happened to me. I remember trying to "act" like everything was okay and no I didn't need help, etc. He may say he is fine but I honestly think it will take a little time to get over. I'm sure you already know this but just thought I'd put my past experience out there for a different perspective. BTW, I hope that get these scum kids!!!

Stephanie--mom to 7

12. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Well imagine how angry he was. Sometimes you don't want to sit around and wait for something to happen. I don't blame him.

13. ShrtnSwt

I was held at knife point on my own front porch at 7 am and the guy kept trying to get into my house where my kids were sleeping. I still to this day don't know where I got the strength to fight him off. And then I had to lie to him to get him to leave. After he left I got my kids in the car and went and called 911. When I got home I was so afraid to get out of my car. I slept with all the lights on in the house for months. I had to change my work schedule so that I wouldn't have to work at nights b/c I was in retail at the time. It does seriously messes with a person. About a month or so I saw on WTSB that the same guy tried to do the same thing to another woman! People are deranged!

14. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

Does the cell phone have GPS tracking available? I can go to the Sprint website and see exactly where my phone is located.

15. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I don't blame him either. We waited ... and waited ... and waited for the police to do something in my Dad's robbery case, but it really seemed like they weren't doing anything at all. They never caught the guys responsible. I wish we had done something sooner. Unfortunately it was a little too late when we finally decided the police weren't going to do anything and started trying to do a little searching ourselves.

I used whitepages.com's phone# lookup to make calls to neighbors who may have possibly seen or heard something. I just put in Daddy's road name for the search and called everyone listed in whitepages on that street to ask if they saw any strange cars or heard anything unusual the night of the robbery. Unfortunately I didn't do this until more than a week after the robbery so many of the folks I talked to couldn't remember the exact night or good descriptions. Everyone I called was very pleasant and tried to be helpful. They were all grateful to be informed that something of that nature had taken place in their neighborhood so they could be sure to take a few more precautions to keep their own families safe.

In Daddy's case, his stolen bankcard was used at two different tellers within a couple of hours of the robbery. One of the banks provided pictures of the robbers - but the bad guys were wearing masks and were on foot when they approached the camera. Because the crooks used a teller more than 30 miles from the robbery ... It was obvious they had used a car or some type of transportation other than their feet. I called all of the businesses near both banks where the tellers were located to see if any of them had cameras that may have caught a picture of the car the bad guys were driving ... but unfortunately, none of the stores had any cameras running that night :(

I wasn't any more successful than the police were ... but I felt like it was worth the effort.

16. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Blus, I am so sorry for what has happened to your son.
    I would be outraged if something like that happened to my child.

I am sending lots of prayers for you and your family that you get the justice you seek.:grouphug:

I hope these scumbags are caught soon...

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Really? Will it even tell you if it's behind the couch or in the recliner, etc?

18. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

LOL: No, I don't think they've gotten that advanced yet.

19. ShrtnSwt

I know on my sprint phone I can turn the locator off or on. My son's is definetly on!

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Oh Blus, I'm so sorry to hear that.
    I'm glad your kids alright though.