My Big Gay NC Wedding

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bulldawg, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

It really is shameful that people vote for items that are unconstitutional, but that's why we have our court system. I am proud our courts found this to be unconstitutional because that's exactly how I read it.

I was responding to a Member who stated that only 2% wanted this law. He clearly doesn't understand the facts and I wanted to clear that up.

I do agree that people should vote. I am one of the people who gets upset when someone complains about America yet doesn't vote.

Sherry

2. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

I won't be there as I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. And...I'm not gay.

3. High Plains Drifter

Good luck getting an intelligent answer from this crowd for this one. Just walk in on Sherry and tell her you're gay and see how that flies.

4. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

No one on this board would accept someone else or some third party telling them how to live and what they can or can not do based on the third party's beliefs.

Funny how its not the opposite case. Some people on here have no trouble telling others how they should live based on their own beliefs.

I have no problem with gays getting married. I live my life. They and everyone else should be able to live theirs.

5. High Plains Drifter

I agree...I don't care how they live and think they should be able to live however gays live. I just put more of a premium toward their standing with the Lord than the General Assembly of NC.

6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Many places do have unisex restrooms, but for higher volume the "plumbing" differences come into play.

7. Wayne Stollings

It is clearly not a "technicality" any more than any other rights ruling is by the courts, but you are free to disagree with it.

8. Wayne Stollings

Unless the Jewish, Hindu, Islamic, or whatever view is actually correct and then you have a problem.

9. Sherry A.

One must live by the scripture and you certainly do not by your actions on this forum, in my opinion. You can stop with your holier than thou comments.

Sherry

10. Wayne Stollings

The view that making same sex marriage a "civil union" would be fine misses the legal issues where there is a specific reference to marriage. Unless there was a legal definition saying marriage was a civil union and vice versa every law on the subject could have to be changed. Making the two terms the same just creates more confusion than just keeping the single legal term.

11. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I think he gets to make that decision, not you. And from what I can tell, you have some serious work to do.

12. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Gee whiz, I wonder why they have stalls and separators in public bathrooms? Is it for privacy, perhaps? Maybe the public bathroom commission knew that someday this would come and a woman would not want to sit on a toilet and make eye contact with a *gasp* lesbian.

Maybe it is strictly anatomical. Men can pee standing up, therefore there are more urinals than stalls.

Maybe you're just over thinking it a tad. Just because a person is gay does not make them some sex crazed lunatic who accosts people in public restrooms. Why don't you just go not be gay and let other people be gay?

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Have at it. Just stay away from me in the men's room.

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Is there anything stopping me from marrying my dog? What about a monkey? Hell, this is Johnston County, lets throw a sheep or a horse in there too.

Who's to judge?

15. High Plains Drifter

I am forgiven for all my transgressions because I ask for it. That's the rub with you heathen liberals. You think "sinning Christian" is an oxymoron.

16. High Plains Drifter

Gets to make what decision? Let's all sit back and hear this from the expert on the Bible. :lol:

Stick to Amtrak.

17. Sherry A.

So, you believe in sinning all the way up until death and then asking for forgiveness on your deathbed. You are more lost than I ever thought.

Sherry

18. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

We are all sinners don't matter who you are. You're even more lost than being lost.

19. Wayne Stollings

Perhaps, but not if some of the other religions are correct and yours is not ......

20. Wayne Stollings