My Daughter

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MissyPrissy, Dec 4, 2006.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

MP, from those of us that care, you're in our prayers!! Please DO keep us informed, you're allowed to be a worried mom and do what you can/must do!

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Not sure what happened, but I hope everything is okay!

3. I have no clue as to what has happened either but i hope everything is okay too!

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Me either, but get well wishes and prayers are being sent your way.

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Was it Itsmeagain's post, suggesting that she maybe find another doctor and be more assertive?

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yep, and I would have to.

7. Itsmeagain

Itsmeagain Well-Known Member

Just pointing out the obvisious wasn't being a being mean. But wouldn't you find any means possible to get your child looked at? Geez touchy people!

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I dunno ... the way I see it, maybe it wasnt possible to go to a different doctor for personal or financial reasons, maybe this one doctor is more familiar with this child's case/background, she was asking for prayers and well wishes, not advice or judgement. I'm not a parent so really have no voice (and try not to voice my opinion anyway) but from what I've seen of parents ... a mother does what a mother can do.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

elims.... I think you have us confused with another message board. Stay on topic? No unsolicited advice or judgement??

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

you don't ever know someone elses situation... just pray for her daughter that its nothing serious, is that asking too much?

:wink:

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

*ROFL* You're right, Cleo. I forgot myself. Sorry, lack of sleep and too much caffeine ... I spoke out of turn. Too much time worrying about people lately. :wink:

12. Itsmeagain

Just thinking that some have the need to argue if they don't agree with someones opinion.

I said my opinion because a couple of years ago if I would have waited to take my child to the doctor he would have died. The doctor said so and sent us flying to Raleigh so he could have his appendics taken out. It was perforated and leaking bacteria into his system.

Yes I wish MP's daughter all the luck in the world and hope she feels better. But do not delay care for a child no matter what. I almost learned that the hard way!

13. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

whatever is was, I hope mini MP is ok.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't think she was delaying treatment, obviously she had been in contact with a doctors office and it wasn't an emergency issue, if it was, they most likely would have given her an earlier appt. You knew the difference between an emergency and not and I'm sure MP also knows the difference. There are many chronic conditions that might require thoughts and prayers and may not be life threatening. Just another take on the issue..................... 8)

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Exactly kdc. While little MP may not be in an emergency position, she is in a situation that just needs checking out and her mom, MP, knowing a lot of us personally was just reaching out for our prayers and well wishes. MP would never put her children or her family at any risk. She is an awesome mother, wife, and friend. While i can understand someone not knowing the exact situation reacting like the above person did, in this case it was not the emergency response that was needed. i am sure MP appreciates all our prayers right now and all the well wishes from her friends.

16. Itsmeagain

If my best friend came to me and said her child needed well wishes and prayers and she couldn't get to the dr. for 2 days I would have given the same advice.

Missyprissy didn't say what was wrong with her child so I was just giving my 2 cents. There is nothing wrong with showing concern and suggesting an alternative instead of waiting for 2 days.

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

One of the disadvantages of online communication is that we don't get to see and hear the non-verbal cues -- tone of voice, facial expression, body language, etc. -- that give as much information as the words themselves. Here, an expression of concern by one person was taken as judgmental criticism by others, and then folks on both sides got defensive. Sometimes it's good to sit back and read your message before posting it, thinking about how it will be taken by someone who cannot see or hear you. So let's all just chill, say a prayer for MP & her daughter, and hope for the best. 'K? :)

18. Amen to that! :)

19. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Thank you to all who posted their concerns and thoughts & prayers, I really do appreciate it. Thank God, it turns out the problem was somthing minor, and my daugther will be fine. There is one other on going problem that we just have to keep an eye on because the doctor could not pin-point what is causing it at this time.

ItsMeAgain, I understand what you meant in your post, but let me clarrify the reason we did not rush or push to get her in to the doctor sooner was because it was not an emergency, however it was somthing that could have been bad enough to warrant many prayers and thoughts. For example, if a woman found a lump in her breast, yes it's extremley important to get to a doctor right away, yet, a day or two most likely would not make a huge difference. Does that make sense? I see where you are coming from though, not knowing the complete situation.

Thank you again everyone.:)

20. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

MP - Its great to hear that the problem was something minor ... Even better to hear that your daughter will be fine. Hopefully the other ongoing problem will be resolved soon also. Best Wishes. Thanks for the update :) I'm sure many folks were worried and will be relieved to hear that you think your daughter will be OK.