My son's bottle tree on permanent exhibit at the Museum of History

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wayne Stollings, Jul 21, 2017.

1. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

More interesting sculptures. Good way to use found parts.

52F1E164-8B5F-4944-BBFE-4928900861EC.jpeg

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

3. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Automation...that's it. So it was about their employees...that's what I remember.

Now back to your nonsensical cartoons that spell out your hypocrisy towards "lame, personal attacks."

As Wayne-My Friend can attest, I've been gentle with you.

Back to the dorky "art" made from scrap metal and junk.

4. Wayne Stollings

This is why there are few posts and virtually no new posters. The ignorant folks attack everyone they encounter because that is their nature. HPD cannot restrict his vitriol to the pit because he thinks nothing of civility or rules but only his wants an beliefs.

DWK likes this.
  5. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

At least so-called “dorky art” made from scrap metal has more value than most of your irrelevant comments. You are aware, of course, that the first personal computers were cobbled together using spare parts and scraps right? If it hadn’t been for curious folks tooling with “junk” lying around some forty odd years ago, you would never have been able to post your snarky comments here.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  6. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

There IS value in human creativity: prototype Apple Computer made from combining and recombining spare parts and junk lying around in the 1970s. As you can see, there’s not much difference between garage tinkerers, artists, or inventors, as these kinds of people share the same type of creative mindset. 90FD10DB-D251-42E7-86A9-A7FA5693DF23.jpeg C8994985-DC2D-4520-9626-B3F58A34B311.jpeg 73C3EBAA-8669-400B-9275-F14F7B325BFE.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Hught likes this.
  7. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Wrong again, General Honey Tarts! My so-called “attack” was not an attack at all, but a defensive measure that I took against you as an irrelevant interloper who oftentimes feels the need to offend people here without any prior provocation. Surely, as a person who uses General Douglas MacArthur as his avatar, I would think that you would know the difference between “attack” and “defense”, but apparently not. My defensive task here was to set the record straight, whereas it seemed to me that your primary goal was an attack orchestrated to deliberately mischaracterize the content of my earlier posts.

8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

9. High Plains Drifter

So are you going to admit you are a hypocrite or just let everyone infer it.

Lol

10. High Plains Drifter

Are you responding twice to the same post?

Lolol

11. Wayne Stollings

Everyone? You think that you speak for everyone now?

12. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

5D30271C-EB1D-4CBB-876F-5A0272160C15.jpeg

13. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, our celebration of American ingenuity continues unabated with the history of my favorite vehicle design - a classic 1965 Ford Mustang!

20C9C52B-22C7-4881-AE74-EA43C534EBBA.jpeg

14. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

And where did this little firecracker, classic American beauty come from? Well, I’m glad you asked that question, General Honey Tarts! I swear, your curiosity about the world never ceases to amaze me!

So, the Ford Mustang was originally designed by a MACHINIST named John Najjar, born to a working class Greek Orthodox Christian Lebanese family from Omaha, Nebraska. While working as a machinist apprentice for the Ford Motor company, he was approached by Henry Ford one day during a plant tour in Dearborn, MI. Ford asked John Najjar if he enjoyed his work at the factory, to which he replied: “I’d rather be drawing cars”. (Oh my gosh, General Honey Tarts, it really sounds as though John Najjar was also an ARTIST! Can you imagine that? A machinist, AND an artist! What in the world?!!!)

Anyway, Henry Ford then invited John Najjar to join Ford’s newly created Design Center, where Najjar went on to create the iconic American Ford Mustang inspired by his love of its namesake - the North American P-51 Mustang fighter plane. He continued to work for Ford for the next forty years until he retired in 1985. In addition to the Ford Mustang design (another word for art), this former machinist, contributed to creating revolutionary features which later appeared in many Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles, including a futuristic car that served as the basis for Batman’s snazzy Batmobile. Najjar’s earlier design contributions in the 1940s also included the M4A3 military tank and the B-24 bomber.

So my point here is that just about everything that you buy today and yesterday, is the merging of technology and art. While you may ridicule artists as being inconsequential and mock their creative efforts, General Honey Tarts, the reality is that in the final product of just about every consumer good that exists on the market today, you can be darn sure that there is an artist, designer, or combination machinist/artist/engineer who first dreamed it up for you.

But what if nobody ever recognized a man like John Najjar who would “rather draw cars”? What if you liked to draw cars, but the culture you lived in never gave you an outlet, or even respected, or encouraged you to develop your creative talents? What if they instead chose to mock you out of ignorance or maybe jealousy? If you believe for one minute that we would be the same country without the contributions of artists in all fields, then you are very mistaken.

15. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Future car designers and their submitted drawings from Peugeot’s 2020 Car Design Contest for Children. (Those darn little artist/gear heads just will not stop using their imaginations!)

6568CD7F-3E1D-4934-BCED-7059E29D4687.jpeg

Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  16. High Plains Drifter

Didn't read

17. Wayne Stollings

HPD tells you when he wants to stay ignorant by not reading. Otherwise he just pretends that he read and assumes what was written. Just ignore it and proceed.

Hught likes this.
  18. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Google is a friend. You and wayne are not the only ones who can repost what you see on the internet. But thanks for posting what you learned about the cheapest POS Fomoco ever mass produced.

19. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL @ ACW,,, he should follow his own preaching and just ignore and proceed.

20. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member