Nasty Restaurant

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by WystonResident, Mar 30, 2008.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I'll take a subway sub over JM any day. Prices are crazy there, and they don't offer light mayo. (I'm sure most people wouldn't care, but I do)

My bf's daughter worked at JM in Apex last summer and I stopped there with my 3 kids for lunch. She gave us her discount, it came to like $3 for all 4 of us to eat there, now that was worth it!!

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Well there's your first problem right there!!! Real people don't eat LIGHT Mayo!!! :lol:

I will take JM over Quiznos, Subway or any other chain or deli. I went to the one on 70 all the time when I went there. Very seldom would see the manager or owner. That is why asked "How did you know it was the manager?" I know that man who owns that JM's. I think this poster is blowing smoke. Like the others. I think this is just another person coming on here to whine about a business. Kind of unfair without a rebuttal from the owner.

3. ServerSnapper

Exactly Hugh. I call BS on the whole thing. Just another attack on an IBO. Why would anyone with so few post get all of y'alls attention anyway? You know why they are here. Just like Pizza Inn, McKinley's etc.

4. ServerSnapper

You would lie because Your Ho told you to. If you want any merit. Give us your real names and address so the owner can come to your house and present his own case.

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I knew someone would have something to say about that light mayo!! I try to watch what I eat, and hubby has a lot of heart disease in his family, high cholesterol, things like that so we try to be smart about it. He actually doesn't even eat mayo anymore, ever, but I can't give it up completely. Anyway, we can all like different places, that's what makes the world go around. I don't dislike JM's, I just think they're overpriced.

6. ServerSnapper

Wow you must have been that chubby fat girl in class that always tattled on the pretty girls. Shutup and go away. You have no merit and quit creating accounts to hide your crybaby identity.

7. ServerSnapper

I watch what I eat to. I just don't want to lose my path to my mouth. We aren't so different. :mrgreen: Yes they are high but you get a whole lot of sammich.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

9. bout2bmarried

bout2bmarried Active Member

people who b & m about restuarnts evidently have never worked in one. We never send any food back if it is not right(never know what happens to it) What do you think happens in the kitchen behind the scene. Sure they wher gloves when yhey are making your burger. Cook at home if you are worried abuot it

10. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

FYI - husband went to Jersey Mike's a few days ago - the one on Route 70 - and discovered it was closed for renovation. We have purchased subs from there a few times before and were always pleased with our food. A woman prepared them for us, and it was all good. This time, though, he had to go to the one at 40/42, which was ok because we live off Cornwallis anyway. They were tasty from there as well!

Ok now I'm hungry...:p

11. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

You should have walked out the door and told him to keep his food! I am in the food business and I require my employees to wear gloves serving cold food like sandwiches being prepped to order. Any hot food they are not required to wear gloves when cooking but they are served with utensils. Also they must wash there hands leaving there station and returning back. I saw something similar in a drive thru once and I requested the manager. He approached me the same way and I asked for my money back and told him I will talk to the Health Department. Hopefully he changed his work ethics. Food born illness is nothing to play with.

12. Wow - this is an old thread! I just have to say that I love the Jersey Mike's off 42 behind the Cook-out. They always make these huge sandwiches for us! Our family of four share the giant #9 and we can barely finish it all. All four of us eating for less than $10 is great deal! It's my favorite sub place by far.

13. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

I've been warned many times about not sending the food back, but then what are you to do when you steak comes to you very undercooked when you wanted well-done, for example. If that was my husband, he would either have to send it back or pay for a steak that he wouldn't eat. Unless you send it back, how is there accountability in the kitchen for the cooking. And then the poor waitstaff would hear all about it. Many people would react (not me) by not tipping the waitstaff (or tipping poorly) for something out of their control. So what is the best option? (other than not go out)

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I think some of it is a Chef thing, I have been to a few places that refuse to serve you a piece of beef that is more well done than "Medium Rare" they consider it an insult.

15. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Funny this thread should be revived, the Jersey Mike's on 70 has been closed for sometime now and we were hopeful that something else would move in. Well our hopes were dashed with the appearance of a sign around the holidays that a Jersey Mike's coming soon. Ugh.

16. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

If y'all want to talk about a nasty restaurant lets talk about Kings in Four Oaks. Never go there.

17. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

AMEN!! It's scarey in there!!

18. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I do not know how some of these places get by with operating such nasty places. Must be paying the health inspectors!!!!!!

19. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I'll add Rockin' Comet Diner to the list. We were in there Sunday, waitresses were all standing by the counter where food comes out of the kitchen coughing and sneezing. Some covered their mouths, some didn't. None of them washed their hands afterwards. :banghead:

Needless to say, we won't go back.

20. WOW!!!!!

I have not been on this site in a while. I can not believe that this thread has lasted so long. Anyway, this establishment is now closed. So much for renovations. I guess the people have spoken with our dollars.