NEED A GOOD HOME...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by hhmom, Jan 9, 2005.

1. hhmom

hhmom Well-Known Member

Ihave a 3 year old buff cocker spaniel that I really need to find a home for.We just are not able to give him the attention and time he deserves and I dont want to put him under the classifieds because Im scared of him going into an undeserving home.Could you guys please help!!I really need to find him a loving home.Thanks :cry:

2. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Try searching under Cocker Spaniel Rescue. I will see what I can do.

3. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

You could try contacting the local veterinarians and ask if they know anyone who is interested in adopting. They may even have a board in the vet's waiting room that they would let you post a picture and contact info for your dog. Good Luck in finding a good family for your dog!

4. peppercorns

Try contact the Cleveland Animal Hospital and others. they will let you post a sign and I know other will too.

5. peppercorns

I can't believe that some sh-t put Princess the dog into the Animal Services of Johnston County.
    The owner had to move. Nice attitude. I'm moving but you can't come, despite the fact that I have raised you from a pup. Too bad dog, you're going to the pound. I am moving and I wouldn't even consider a place that wold not allow me to take my dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold cold hearts

I hope you are having better luck with your poor Cocker Spaniel. I wish I could share my home but four is a lot already.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I completely agree! How about we take the owner to the shelter and drop him off? Now, that I would be in favor of! I hate stupid pet owners!

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Call me stupid, but who is Princess the dog?

8. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

LOL! I posted the exact same question and later saw an ad for her on harleygirl's Pet Galleries page. I deleted my question after I found the answer to it. :)

9. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

Did someone say something about hot dogs? I love hot dogs. I don't like them fried though. I prefer grilled.

BTW, strawberry, if you want to bring the furball to the discussion board, we can bring it right back.

10. ready2cmyKing

The REAL problem isn't that if Princess doesn't get adopted she's going to be gassed. The REAL problem is that if she doesn't get adopted she's going to die. Gas or injection, they both end with the same result. DEATH.

How about spending your energy trying to get the animals seen and into a home, like SLS does, and quit all this ranting about her? I don't understand you people. I think you're jealous of her because she puts actions behind her words - instead of just screaming about injustices at the animal shelter. :roll:

11. The Light

The Light Well-Known Member

I am offering to take in the cocker spaniel, or any other animal who needs a home. I sent a PM. As far as the shelter, I used to rescue from there, and recently they would not let me. SLS does not rescue because her husband will not let her. She only brags about taking pictures, when she didn't take them for 5 weeks.

If anyone else has dogs or cats that need homes, you can send me a PM. If I don't have room, I will help find them a home.

Thanks.

12. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

Great news, furballs!!! We don't need a shelter anymore. THE LIGHT is going to take them all in!!!! YIPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!

13. hhmom

hhmom Well-Known Member

Well,thanks for the advice.The dog actually is my neighbors I'm trying to help her out.They love Max, just work alot and its not fair to the dog because its home all day by himself.She would never take him to the pound ,she doesnt want to get rid of him that bad!!! She also is very picky about who takes him,she wants him to have a good home.He's had all his shots,been fixed and is an inside dog,very well groomed.He's also great with kids.Just keep it in mind please,thanks :lol:

14. hhmom

hhmom Well-Known Member

So you would be willing to take Max? As your own? Or til you found him a home?. This seems to good to be true! :D

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

The Light and Like strawberry wine I know who you are and you might want to watch youselves. Putting peoples initials on this board are childish and irresponsible and do not deserve a reply. Have a great day.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

this is stupid. a dog's life doesn't in no way compares to a person's.

17. The Light

I left you a private message, please reply. I will take in the dog. I have 23 years experience in animal rescue.

18. The Light

Wait, if this is not your dog, and your neighbor doesn't want to get rid of it, what is going on? No one has replied to my private message.

19. ready2cmyKing

You don't know me, dear, so how can you possibly know anything about my concern for animals. How many pets do I have? How many have I rescued from shelters or taken off the streets over the years? What did I go to college for?

I don't hate or make jokes about God's creatures (No capital C for creatures, since I don't worship them). I joke about how the people on these forums are handling the whole gas chamber situation. Ranting and raving, calling people names, putting others down that are obviously DOING SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE FOR THE ANIMALS THAT ARE ALREADY IN THE SHELTER, and posting junk on these forums isn't helping a thing. Really. It has turned what could have been a valid cause into a joke.

Now, to address your question, I wouldn't choose either because I don't believe in euthanasia for humans. Human life is sacred and I believe in the sanctity of it. God chooses when someone lives and dies, unless a person has committed murder and receives the death penalty by a jury of his/her peers. In that case, I back whatever means the state in which the person is being put to death uses. Because the ultimate outcome is still DEATH. Whether they die by injection or in the chair, they are still dead at the end. Same with the animals at the shelter who are sentenced to death. Whether they have to suffer for a few minutes before they die doesn't change the end result. IMO, what needs to be changed in the county is the number of animals that wind up in the shelter and the numbers that are being adopted out. I don't like thinking about the gas chamber, but I don't like thinking about injections either because I don't like thinking the animals dying.

As for what your preacher had to say about me, I could not care less and will not be PMing you to find out. He is judging me on heresay alone and in any court of law heresay shouldn't even make it to the judge's ears. If it did, it would be stricken because you can't judge based on what someone tells you someone else said. So, unless your preacher hears words coming straight from me, and not what you said I said, he has no business being a judge of me or my character.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

There really is a God!!!