Need food ideas for PreTeen party

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by my2monkeys, Aug 19, 2008.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I thought the same thing and started to post it...................but I've been accused of being "mean" lately. LOL!

2. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say "mean" just have strong opinions like everyone else. My experience, with kids at this age is that they have a tendency to forget the important things in life, its all about the fun and getting together ect. So, they very well may forget or not realize that there are many things containing peanut oil, not necessarily peanuts/nuts themselves and for safety measures if I were a parent giving a party/sleep over I wouldn't depend on a young child to be responsible enough with health issues to tell me that she has a peanut allergy, seafood allergy etc., that's why I'd refer to the parent and hopefully the parent has enough forsight to make me aware of their child's condition. My youngest when she was this age, would've been the type to get into the excitement of the sleep over and forget to tell the parent involved. No harm in asking, just some good advice. I work with very sick kids every day and take nothing for granted.