Need some help please - Where to go for real southern food?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cathy0517, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Your okra explanation made me think of some really good okra I had last night at Kemp's Seafood. That is the best I've tasted in a looooong time! Kemp's is far from this neck of the woods, but they do have the best seafood. (Sorry - this isn't a thread for seafood)

2. seabee

seabee Guest

its ok Seafood there... 8)8)

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Kemps is pretty good. Problem with a lot of inland seafood restaurants is getting it fresh. Also, I've read you avoid eating seafood on Mondays. Deliveries often stop over the weekend and you'll get seafood that's a few days old.

4. It's better than most all the restaurants actually at the beaches. The only place that compares is the Riverview in Sneads Ferry. It's been around forever and still delicious! By the way, I'm going to Bonefish tomorrow night! Yum! Now, that's some good food!

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

There's a good little place down in Chadbourn that has good country cooking and especially fried baby shrimp. It's called Williamson's BBQ.

6. seabee

seabee Guest

chadbourne... gone thru there a few times heading to Myrtle beach... small little town... 8)8)8)

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I haven't eaten there lately, but the few times I did, the shrimp was awesome...almost addictive. As you're heading into town headed south, its on the right. Its not much to look at, however. If you happen that way, it may be worth a stop to try. Just don't blame me if its changed. :jester:

8. 1pittsburgh

1pittsburgh Well-Known Member

There is a place in Fuquay but I cannot remember the name. They catered a wedding that we attend. Everything taste like home. I want to say that it had the word Kitchen in its name. Good luck. I love fried okra but I it is hard to find someone that knows how to cook them right.

9. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Ah, that has been the debate forever. I am from Wilson and my vote goes for Bill's. :mrgreen:

10. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

I love love love Big Ed's! Their chicken pastry is yum-mo!!!