neglected dog at rachels place

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by siameselover, Mar 19, 2011.

1. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

we have been told by others our house doesnt smell like cats,but if it did it wouldn't affect neighbors unless it was a hoarding problem which ours is not. i have been to homes with dogs and they stink also. if my house does stink then they would have a legitimate complaint but then our neighbors dont come in our house and if they did they might be sending a letter to us complaining about how we put our cats first

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Thanks for proving one of my points for me...

[​IMG]

3. siameselover

ive seen houses like that with dogs also. its not that the cat or dog are flithy the owners are. cats are cleaner than dogs. our litter boxes are cleaned twice a day at least. we used the more expensive corn litter and premium food(so there is less going in the litter box) and we vacuum every other day and put throws on furniture.i guess everyone has something that grosses others out, i think cigarette smoke is gross and cant understand how people live in smoke filled homes

4. ServerSnapper

Well I have neither. I have children to care for.

5. siameselover

my children are grown and living on their own and i have grandkids now. so the cats are our kids now. i didnt have cats until my kids were older and then it was only one then.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

AND bathing your cat, brushing etc...
    Mattie liked getting a bath, she was special though. :)

Anyone who came in my house would have never know I had a cat, just ask KC who is highly allergic to cats :mrgreen:

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep, i can attest to that:cheers:

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:mrgreen: The hell cat would likely decapitate someone if you tried to bathe her. :lol: BUT she is tiny and short haired and doesn't shed all that much. We have an automatic litter box as well. LOVE that thing!!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

and i can say the same thing for your house & Tassy's - you guys rock for us cat allergic peeps (i do love cats though, it sucks being allergic)

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks!:cheers: I don't want to have one of "those" houses where you walk in and go..........."oh, you have a cat" and there isn't one standing in front of you, LOL. If it's like that, it's just pure laziness on the owner's part, because it doesn't have to be.

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Which kind of automatic litter box (brand) do you have? I seriously want one.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I got it at Petsmart, it's round. I can't remember the brand at the moment, but it's definitely not a Littermaid. Had two of those and broke both. :? It conveys the "clumps" up a little ramp and down into a covered bin. You line the bin with plastic grocery bags, no special trays or anything else to buy, which is what made me choose it. It cycles continuously. I will look when I get home and see which one it is. :cheers:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

We had a littermaid when they first came out, and man was that thing tough as nails and worked great. when it finally died after many years of service we replaced it with a newer model littermaid that after a couple of months the wife tossed into the trash can as it sucked arse.

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thanks, we work hard to keep it from smelling like a litterbox! Cat hair, I can't help, its a bonus! We do have leather furniture (easy to keep clean) and plenty of blankies and throws for the cats to lay on.

:cheers:

My cats are my children, and if anyone doesn't want to come to my house because of them, well then... I'm sorry, but the cats were there first. :mrgreen:

And yes, the second generation LitterMaid litter boxes were crap, the rake was made of cheap material and it kept getting hung up. A problem we never had with the original one. I emailed a letter to the manufacturer and they didn't care enough to even send a response. :?

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hehehe, great minds, that is how i feel about my dogs & birds too:cheers:

17. siameselover

why do you think they call it FURniture? our cats has as much right to sit on it as we do.i had a littermaid and it died.it is a lot of work to keep up with when you have 3 cats. at that time we had a diabetic cat and they pee more and kept getting stuck. i want tha cat genie which cleans and dries litter. but that's several hundred bucks, out of my reach......but if i won lottery id get 2!

18. ServerSnapper

OMG! Unreal. God bless you. and all the cat people. Love ya mean it