Never boring at Walmart

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mingomama, Dec 2, 2016.

1. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

So, as usual, Walmart is always an adventure. I went early today, around 8am. In going through the aisles, many of them were blocked due to restocking, which I unrstand. It's Christmas, and it was early in the morning.

I saw something I liked, and asked an associate to get it for me as there were stockpiles of stuff in front of it. Now, keep in mind this person had been laughing, joking around, etc with other employees. That's great, except I do think that's why the items in the stockpile blocking what I was getting was there...SHE WASN'T DOING HER JOB AND PUTTING THE STUFF ON THE SHELVES!

Anyhow, I asked her to reach it for me, and she did...and then she had the nerve to say "and lady, what are you going to do for me~!
    " I was so taken aback, yet proud of myself. I told her I was going to let her keep her job and not report her to management. smh

Never a dull moment at Walmart :)

certdude, Auxie, Rockyv58 and 2 others like this.
  2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Just another case of entitlement on the employees part

3. New2JoCo

New2JoCo Member

My husband loves to people watch as i shop. He says it is always entertaining and never disappoints.
    My favorite as far as the workers, is when all of the managers (i guess that's who they are) stand in the aisle in a big huddle with their arms folded and look at you like you are doing something wrong for wanting them to move so you can get down the aisle. Most of the time they will not even look at you even when you say "EXCUSE ME!"
    Then the attitude with the other workers, no wonder they act like they do.....
    I hate going there and won't unless I absolutely have to! :rolleyes:

4. New2JoCo

New2JoCo Member

By the way, you handled the situation better than I would have. I really don't know how I would have reacted! o_O

5. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

Do you think she was joking? I would hope that was all it was.

6. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i took it as a joke when i read it. i mean i say that a lot to people myself.....

mylittle_man and Auxie like this.
  7. mylittle_man

mylittle_man Active Member

I would be willing to bet the employee was just joking as well... everything is taken so serious these days.. :-(

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

So this afternoon around 4:00, my wife was in WM on 42. A bunch of the employees were yelling and swearing at each other. They were broken up and then started up again. A manager came over and told them to get out. I don't know if it was just for this shift or if they were fired.

Typical Wal-Mart.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  9. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

And this is the store their corporate office selected to serve as a training academy for this region, it is a sad situation.