new cake shop on 42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by roca1216, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

this guy? http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=12383&highlight=desserted

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

4. Granky

Granky Well-Known Member

From shar824...
    "There is also a brand new place over behind Cookout down by Andy's, Anna's Gourmet Banana Bread Inc, they have a coffe bar, free samples and she is absolutely a delight. They don't have wifi though, but it is a great place to sit down have a cup of coffee and try some free samples."

Well I went to Anna's and have to completely agree with you about her delightful personality and wonderful little shop. I am a baking 'snob,' and not a lot of baking in NC has thrilled me thus far. I sampled what she gave me and all of it was great... moist and flavorful (my favorite was the sweet potato-pumpkin bread). I love that no preservatives or artificial ingredients are used. I love the fact that there's no wifi... the cozy little sitting area would not be as friendly with someone planted there taking up space with a laptop.

So let's support a quality local business so more will come to 4042!!! :cheers: