new candidates for school board election?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tryingtomakeadifference, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

The entire board has quit answering any of my emails. But..thats ok. They are elected officials and they do not answer to anyone.

For now.

2. momtofive

momtofive Well-Known Member

I don't know the board members on a personal level but have talked to all of them many, many times. Donna White I started out liking, believing that she was there to do good for the schools. But I have come to the realization, as many have, that she too is all talk. I have been to several meetings where she has talked to me and said what she would do, but once the topic came up in the meeting, she would only make a statment and then vote with the majority. I also know someone who she was all willing to help with their situation and then abruptly stopped communicating with them. So I believe she will help you if there is no opposition from other board members, which makes her look great, but let the other board members object and instead of dealing with it directly, she will stop all communication. I do think she originally started wanting to make sure our county's children got quality educations, however I think she has gone "political" and will now say what she needs to in order to hopefully get your vote.

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I'd suggest the ballot box term limit. I feel that this group has had their agenda set for a while, is reluctant to deviate from that change, and the mass motion tends to remain in motion until acted upon by a larger issue.