New Development Activity in the area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Aug 14, 2020.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Heard this morning on the news that Grifols is donating 100 acres to the Town of Clayton and JCC.

Still looking for an article about it, nothing yet.

2. jesse82nc

I am going to guess it is this 94 acre property. It is currently owned by Grifols.

2021-06-23_8-36-33.jpg

3. jesse82nc

upload_2021-6-23_19-57-25.png

4. jesse82nc

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Not sure if any thing had been posted on this yet, but when I was going over to Physical Therapy over next to the hospital on Hwy 42 I noticed they were prepping the land next to the Hardee's on 42. What's going in there? TIA
    Bob V

6. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

Medical offices. Nothing too exciting.

tassy and Rockyv58 like this.
  7. Boston Redhead

Boston Redhead Active Member

Ugh. They just built one behind Sandhu’s, guy rd/near Amelia church rd, Jordan Digestive Diagnostic Center or something like that

8. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

someone described this building looks like a "lions den". lol

9. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

More and more unhealthy people needing medical care, with 42% of the US population clinically obese. I'm sure decisions like building a Hardee's beside a hospital have nothing to do with this, nor serve as a testament to everything that is wrong with US dietary habits :rolleyes:.

Doesn't help that corporate chains, fast food, big-box retail grocery, and doctors and hospitals are ALL incentivized by the federal government via congress, via lobbyist pressure and the dark money that runs the reelection campaigns to perpetuate these horrible dietary and overpriced medical regimes.

To know what to eat and how to get enough physical activity, and then to be able to find the time and come up with the money to figure out how and what to eat, and where to get it, just is not part of the American way in the 21st century.

Boston Redhead likes this.
  10. lawnboy

Hope this hasn't already been addressed; if so, apologies. DOT website shows 40 widening due to be completed next year; I see nothing specific about the 42 interchange. Do we have any intel on when the current bridge will be closed/traffic routed to the new section they have been working on in lieu of full "butterfly" completion/old bridge demolition? I see 2 new traffic lights have been put up with bags over them.

11. jesse82nc

I reached out to my contact at DOT to see if they had any updated timelines for the construction at the interchange. But last I heard, I thought they had planned most of the 40/42 work for the fall of this year. Like everything, I bet that has been delayed. Back at the end of last year they were wrapping up ROW acquisitions still for the area and starting utility work.

12. jesse82nc

DOT management says they hope to have traffic on the new bridge at 40/42 early 2022.

lawnboy likes this.
  13. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

recently they relocated the telephone poles further away from 42 all along from cvs to 40. weird to see them in the middle of parking areas.

jesse82nc likes this.
  14. lawnboy

This was done 2-3 months ago with no visible work since. I spoke with a shop owner in Peddler's and she claims the road improvements are "imminent," but I'm not sure what that means at this point.

15. jesse82nc

16. jesse82nc

17. markfnc

637631657139930000 (garnernc.gov)

page 31 you can see site plans and elevations of VA Center at Rand Rd & NC 50

jesse82nc likes this.
  18. markfnc

I never got a site plan, but the concrete sub told me the food lion is a stand alone store. There is room for a little future growth for additional stores, but it will be just a food lion when it opens.

19. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

Wow, that's surprising. I can't recall ever seeing a Food Lion by itself, without a strip mall attached. Nothing wrong with that, just unusual. Thanks for the info.

20. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I would love to see them build a true super target out here kind of like they have in Wake Forest. Not like White Oak where it was just an add on

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021