New Development Activity in the area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Aug 14, 2020.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, Town of Clayton is reviewing a request for annexation by 3 properties near NC42 and Cornwallis.

upload_2023-10-17_8-10-37.png

lgb0250 likes this.
  2. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Nothing is very surprising any more. I remember back during the financial crisis of 2008 or so, that both of these properties were on the agenda with a planning board agenda to have over 900 homes built on them! If the bottom of the market didn’t fall out they would have been built out long ago. Seeing the new Cleveland FD station going in was a giant indication something would be coming soon IMO.

3. jesse82nc

They went to JoCo planning recently and they got denied. So now the developer is going to ToC to get them annexed so they can apply to ToC instead for approval. It was many hundreds of homes.

It's about 575 acres total there.

markfnc and lgb0250 like this.
  4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

From Garner Biz on facebook
    [​IMG]

jesse82nc likes this.
  5. markfnc

From Garner Biz facebook
    [​IMG]

6. jesse82nc

I have wondered for years why a quality grocery store didn't exist at White Oak.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Well you know on the other corner is where Wake Med is putting the 150 bed mental health hospital

8. jesse82nc

Which corner are you referring to? I know Duke Hospital is building at the corner of Timber and Benson/NC50. The SW corner of White Oak and Timber is pretty small for a hospital, and the other 2 corners are built up already.

https://www.wakemed.org/about-us/ne...pt-in-garner-dedicated-to-whole-person-health

This article says 53 acre site, the SW corner, across from the plans above, is only 15 acres.

lgb0250 likes this.
  9. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

“……NEAR the intersection of White Oak Road and Timber Drive East in Garner, NC.” Big difference in “near” and “at”. I imagine it could be anywhere along that stretch of Timber it that’s just IMO since I don’t have the expertise to use the maps the way you guys do.

10. panthersdude2001

panthersdude2001 Well-Known Member

What happened to the Applebees in Six Forks?
    I visited there last Halloween and there was nobody there but the staff. Now says Permanently closed.
    upload_2023-10-28_13-57-28.png

11. panthersdude2001

UPDATE: Visited Wendy's down the street, little progress on demolition. Dirt is already at the site of the Dairy Freeze.

12. panthersdude2001

Any status on the Outback in Clayton?

13. jesse82nc

I have not heard of any Outback coming to Clayton. Smithfield and Garner are the closest ones I know of.

panthersdude2001 likes this.
  14. panthersdude2001

Oh ok, I heard a few months back on Nextdoor that Outback was coming to Clayton.

15. Aqdillman71

Aqdillman71 Member

A rep from Outback stated that they were scheduled for opening in the second half of 2024. There is also a Popeyes and a hotel that is supposed to be built on that same piece of property. This is on Hwy 70 in Clayton. This is the wooded lot between Biscuitville and the Fit4 Life health club. I actually saw some new survey stakes there over the weekend and a piece of heavy equipment looks to have been dropped off. Maybe groundbreaking is soon. Link to site plans: https://townofclaytonnc.civicweb.ne...ck Steakhouse Layout-Res and Hotel Layout.pdf

markfnc, jesse82nc and Ryin like this.
  16. Ryin

Ryin Member

I work for Wegmans and they wanted us to anchor the store in that development. They have been in contact with Wegmans for years. Not sure if it is still a possibility down the road in a distant future but I have been pushing for it. I believe it would do great there. Just need a bit more population and a higher income ratio which is happening daily

jesse82nc likes this.
  17. jesse82nc

Ah cool, I must have missed that one, here's a link to a map for those interested - https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...m4!3m3!8m2!3d35.656547!4d-78.475169?entry=ttu

18. jesse82nc

I think there is plenty of population already. Between Abberly Place, Adeline, Abberly Solaire, and Elevate at White Oak, there are roughly 1900 units in White Oak already. That is around 4000 people within walking distance to where that would be. Not to mention all the single family houses in the area as well, hundreds of new ones just down White Oak Road and townhomes on East Garner Rd by Jones Sausage.

Considering many of these apartments rent for $1500-2000 a month, it's definitely not a low income area.

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  19. markfnc

I see the contractor has put up his sign and started surveying. This is on NC 42 just east of NC 50

20. markfnc

I think population is there but average income within 10 miles is probably low. When i had looked at the Wegmans in Morrisville/Cary vs Garner the income was almost 30k higher in Morrisville. That was a few years ago. Usually, the shopping center developer's website for that center will list that info.