New Development Activity in the area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Aug 14, 2020.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

From US Census Data
    Morrisville population 31,493 Avg Income $106,891 College education 71.5% HS Education 96.8%
    Garner population 33,669 avg income $70,007 college education 43.6% HS education 93.5%

That avg income is what keeps Wegmans /Whole Foods etc from coming in.

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I feel like that sign has been there for quite some time. This is from Street View in December 2022.
    I think the average income around White Oak is much higher than say around Walmart/Lowes by 401.

3. markfnc

new sign with gc name listed, plus that old sign

4. markfnc

i can't get it narrowed down any more than zip code.

5. markfnc

6. markfnc

I saw this weekend they have put up a sign now. Still no permit activity since July.

7. markfnc

lgb0250 likes this.
  8. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

9. jesse82nc

Judging by the video and my experience on large construction projects, I would estimate it would be dried in within a month or two and probably have interior finishes complete by the spring. Equipment installation and testing in the summer with an opening in mid-late 2024. But this all depends on them not having any delays with getting materials or personnel on site. And it is a best guess based on what I suspect the inside looks like at this stage.

lgb0250 likes this.
  10. jesse82nc

11. markfnc

Being in construction, I'd say that's correct. I'd guess late 2024.

lgb0250 likes this.
  12. Ryin

Ryin Member

Is there any word on when The Copper District is going to be breaking ground?

13. markfnc

14. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Any information on when and if they are ever going to build that hotel in Garner at White Oak (corner of hwy 70 and White Oak Road)?

15. jesse82nc

I haven't heard anything in a while. I'm guessing it is no longer happening. The site is currently owned by CORE Properties, a large developer:
    G-8 LLC
    831 E MOREHEAD ST STE 445
    CHARLOTTE NC 28202-2784

16. Ryin

Ryin Member

Here is a link to the E Disttuct as the development is going to be called at the corner of White Oak and 70

https://edistrictnc.com/#project

17. jesse82nc

The map implies that it is closer to the area south of Timber than 70. Do you know which parcel this is exactly? There's almost no details on their website.

18. Ryin

Ryin Member

upload_2023-12-10_11-53-52.png
    you can see a small part in the bottom is where timber meets white oak. At the top is Cabela’s and Carolina Ale house it runs from 70 to timber along white oak.

19. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

if you look at the road left of center that seems to to from 70 down to Timber drive with housing units and a wooded area. I vaguely remember a map or something showing Jones Sausage being straightened out with the road having a bridge that goes over the train track and letting out on 70 and going through right about where that road is. Does anyone know of any further information about Jones sausage going over the train tracks with a bridge?

20. markfnc

From Jesse a while back
    [​IMG]