New Development Activity in the area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Aug 14, 2020.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

My speculation years ago lined up pretty well with what the developer showed. They just have two roads running N/S, so the actual connection to Timber was a little farther west.

3. markfnc

And now that developemnt will include JoCo 1st Target.
    Target to open new store in huge Eastfield Crossing development - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)
    Eastfield Crossing — Adventure Development, LLC

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    jesse82nc likes this.
  4. jesse82nc

5. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Came out of O’Reilly Auto on 42 just a little while ago and saw a sign directly across the street announcing the future home of Tidal Wave Auto Spa! Hopefully they have done their due diligence well since the one directly across from them is on their second owner so far and doesn’t look like they are doing any better than 5he previous owner.

6. jesse82nc

That sign has been up almost a year now (long enough that it is on Google Street View), I've been wondering if they bailed out since there has been no progress. Strangely enough those properties have all been owned by Donald West since at least 2014 and haven't changed hands yet.

lgb0250 likes this.
  7. Ryin

Ryin Member

markfnc likes this.
  8. jesse82nc

That article is from 2021 and is about the Aldi's that they built and opened on NC42 across from Walmart near 40/42.

This is the article for the new one - https://www.bizjournals.com/triangl...ry-store-plan-first-spot-johnston-county.html

The Chicfila was a rumor that is spread for a different location every few months.

lgb0250, Ryin and markfnc like this.
  9. Ryin

Ryin Member

My bad I saw they used the same picture. Thanks for posting the proper one

10. markfnc

Just checked on JoCo inspections for Garibaldi going into old Pizza Inn/Golder Corral. Still no inspections since July 25. I wonder what is going on?

11. jesse82nc

Recent update, it's getting close

tassy and markfnc like this.
  12. Ryin

Ryin Member

Where is this located exactly?

13. Ryin

Ryin Member

Hopefully with the possibility of Aldi coming they will make a left turn entrance for those coming from my neck of the woods out off Little creek. But it doesn’t look like it.

14. markfnc

40/42 where the golden corral was, that later turned into the Pizza Inn. Behind Panera, that used to be Applebees.

15. jesse82nc

A left turn coming from where to go where? Like to turn left into Aldi's coming from Ranch Road?

The red dashes are existing roads, the yellow dash is the new road. The intersection with Tulip (behind Sheetz) I thought would allow all directions to flow.

aldi.jpg

16. jesse82nc

It actually does show no access. Sorry for the low quality, it was all that is public at this time.

This is the proposed Aldi's

upload_2024-1-17_18-39-32.png

17. Ryin

Ryin Member

Yeah I was talking about coming from Ranch. Thanks for the picture

18. markfnc

lgb0250, Rockyv58 and jesse82nc like this.
  19. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

20. jesse82nc

Agreed, I feel like the area in this circle is really missing out on a lot. Inside this area there is no Target, Publix, Harris Teeter, Wegmans. All we get are a bunch of Food Lions and Walmarts really.

upload_2024-1-31_11-10-44.png

markfnc and Rockyv58 like this.