new Food Lion

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Has anyone gone to the New Food Lion yet?

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

We plan to stop by Sat or Sun this weekend since they sent some coupons

3. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Went yesterday and today. Same as some of the newer ones. More up-date than the one at 40/42.

4. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

Uh it's a Food Lion. There's food on shelves.

Smithers likes this.
  5. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

What's the deal with the concrete curbing in the curve coming from 42 at the entrance? I imagine a vehicle in the fire dept yard before long. Maybe some plastic sticks so you can correct

6. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

I went yesterday. It was very nice.

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

No, but I did go to the State Fair this year.

poppin cork and cynadon like this.
  8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Food lion can day ?

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

No way. Made that mistake about 25 years ago. Not sure how much it helps when people go to the food bank to get the food, then take it to the fair to give it to the food bank and get in for free.

10. jesse82nc

We went over the weekend, it was nice and new, that's about it. Nothing special, no self checkout. I hate not being able to bag my own groceries. We bring our own bags and I sort the stuff at checkout usually based on where it goes (bathroom, pantry, fridge/freezer, etc.). They just throw everything in together. Also there's only like 6 checkout lanes.

It's a bit far for me to drive since I live closer to 42 and 70 bypass. We will continue to go to Walmart for most things and Lowes on 70 Business if we need something else.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  11. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

How close do you live to it? I was hoping to get some coupons in the mail since I live so close, but I got nothing (not even a sale paper in the mail). I live over by Cleveland High.

12. jesse82nc

I've over by 42 and 70 bypass.

13. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

You know even without self check out you can tell the kid bagging your groceries you will take care of it? Then again I'm sure you don't want to rock the boat....

14. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I guess they figure I'll be going there anyway so they don't need to send me any coupons, LOL!