New JoCo and Area Restaurants

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DWK, May 20, 2021.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Back in about the year 2000 or so there was a coffee/bakery behind Smithfield's next to the Allstate office. I remember it was started by two guys who worked in the Telacom industry in the Park but got laid off. Long story short one guy left to do the short term trading and eventually it was sold and they moved it up to hiway 70 out by Grifols. God we need a good bakery/coffee shop out here.

DWK likes this.
  2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

And you saying any business that had a sign “no coffee” you scratch off your list immediately is a big side mention. Just saying,, I was well on topic.

3. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

For Goodness Sakes. I’m starting to think that both you and PoppinCork might need detailed maps to find your own mailboxes in broad daylight!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  4. BuzzMyMonkey

Of course you do ,,

5. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Just trying to help you figure out where you were at B. We aren't the ones too ignorant to even know where we were at. YOU are.

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Typical input from Tweedle Dumb ....

DWK likes this.
  7. Wayne Stollings

And Tweedle Dumber

DWK likes this.
  8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Looks like you put too many nuts in your fruitcake again this morning. Being unable to recall where a specific bakery was located is not the definition of “ignorance”, but getting angry over the mention that a bakery didn’t have any coffee, which is unrelated to where the bakery was located, IS ignorant, because you have failed to understand the CONTENT and INTENT of my post. I only mentioned the unusual lack of coffee at that bakery, in the hopes that other posters might recall that issue as well, because any bakery that gives out a flat, unresponsive “no coffee served” to its customers, is likely to go out of business fairly quickly, and people might remember that. They did serve Coca-Cola, so you two can go on and brawl over that beverage for the rest of the day, for all I care!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  9. poppin cork

You are the ignorant one B. Please show us where I even wrote the word coffee. I was simply trying to help you figure out where your addled brain went. YES, you are a special kind of ignorant B.
    ad·dled
    /ˈadld/
    Learn to pronounce

adjective
    1. 1.
      unable to think clearly; confused.
      "this might just be my addled brain playing tricks"

10. BuzzMyMonkey

upload_2021-8-16_10-34-58.gif

11. Wayne Stollings

It must be nice to be friends with the Webbie so the rules that are supposed to apply to all of us do not apply to you .... so much for honesty and integrity, right.

12. BuzzMyMonkey

ACW is showing off his hypocrisy again. LOL.

13. Wayne Stollings

[​IMG]

14. BuzzMyMonkey

FYI !! A Post liked by ACW & dwk. ACW is up in arms over. B. Got ya. Lol

15. poppin cork

Yeah, really. I guess if I went through the entire alphabet they would expect me to be banned for life. LOL, B's.

16. Wayne Stollings

No, the fact the rules do not apply makes them useless .... THAT is the problem.

17. Wayne Stollings

It is webbies failure you brought on. You should be proud of yourself to have accomplished such a thing .... makes you more like Trump.

18. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

“Donut Daily” sign is up now.

D63E34A6-C2DD-4A23-B945-04D48881D82A.jpeg

19. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

It's been up for several months. That's why I asked what was going on with it, since it never opened.

20. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I took that picture above today and the shop sign was up. You posted a picture on August 13th that didn’t have the shop sign up. (Maybe that was an old picture?) There were a couple of white, contractor’s trucks parked in the front two days ago, but they might have been there for another reason.

FBC413AF-5D33-485E-BAF8-A9D65346266A.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021