New low cost spay/neuter option coming in Aug

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by ljk, Jun 16, 2008.

1. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Just tell her to clean all of the areas he marked with Natures Miracle or something similar - it wouldn't hurt while he is getting snipped to go over the areas with some white vinegar (once it dries it won't smell like a salad) - between a good cleaner and the vinegar, it should deter him from returning to the scene of the crime.

(EVEN hard surfaces that you wouldn't think absorbed any odor - dogs have them powerful noses)

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

There is a person answering the phones 12-4 m-f, call her tomorrow and tell her Laura sent you!!! LOL

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So Molly got spayed yesterday........................it went well I think, other than it taking a LONG time to get her checked in. They were late due to traffic, not their fault. She's pretty wimpy today though, hope she perks up soon. Yes, she's on paid meds, I think that's part of it.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Awww!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I KNOW it needed to be done, but I feel so guilty today! She was so pitiful last night. I felt so bad for her! :?

6. Oneqwkchk

Oneqwkchk Well-Known Member

Is she there every m-f?? I hadn't looked here in a while... so I tried calling a couple minutes ago. I got the leave a message thing....again! If it will get me an appointment and get in..I'll tell her ya sent me :) or whoever else I need to mention!

7. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

If she is on the phone it goes to the message, just keep calling.

8. Oneqwkchk

Will do! Thanks!!

9. Oneqwkchk

:hurray::hurray:Holy old post batman...but I got a call from them yesterday! My Turbo has an appointment on 3/31!!! yay!!:hurray::hurray:

And yes I had tried calling them too but have had way too much going on to keep trying.

10. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

My sister has called a number of times, and they said they would call her, well now the cat had her kittens on monday. They wait time is unreal.
    Now she has to wait till they are weaned.
    I do blame my sis on this as well, but she is trying to get the cats in.
    Sheri

11. Oneqwkchk

I had called numerous times as well since January and did the online thing. I actually asked my own vet last week how much it would be to get him fixed since I hadn't heard from them. I guess waiting worked too.

12. rushlow2004

Well the vet is more then she can afford at this time, this cat that just had the kittens has been missing for 6 months, and then came home the other night I guess to have her kittens. My sister thought she was gone for good, she is glad to have her back, but she could do with out the kittens right now.
    She is between jobs, so this place was the way for her to afford it.

13. Oneqwkchk

Same for us as well and hubby just had his hours cut back. Our vet was $100 for a 65lb male dog. $48 (with rabies shot) is a little easier to swallow. Good thing the kitty came back even if it was to have babies.

14. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I called several times and got no reply but when I submitted my request on-line I was contacted in two days--but it was about 6 weeks before they had an appointment--my new pup is going on the 16th of April.

Try on-line

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Who is your vet? Is it more expensive to have a female dog spayed?

16. Cleopatra

Is there a link for the Wake spay program? All I found was voucher that reduced the cost?

17. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

http://www.spcawake.org/site/PageServer?pagename=We_believe

For a female dog it is a more evasive surgery... they actually remove the uterus... for males it is just a snip and a tuck! LOL So that is why it is more expensive. If they are in heat or pregnant it is more too because of the extra work involved.

18. Cleopatra

^thanks^

19. rushlow2004

I have tried repeatly to get my cats in there, I'm not getting a return call at all and I'm calling between the hours they are requesting. They no longer have the way to do it online..any tips anyone?
    sheri

20. ncfemme

ncfemme Well-Known Member

http://www.spcawake.org/site/PageServer?pagename=We_believe

Web site is still up........I have heard that the website is the quickest way to get them. But
    Carolina Crossing Vet (formerly Carolina Mobile Spay Neuter Clinic) is very reasonable. In fact, I do not know what you have but they are offering $45.00 cat neuters on Ocober 2!

Carolina Crossing Veterinary Clinic
    11760 NC Hwy 210, Suite 110
    Benson, NC 27504
    (919) 906-7729

(40 and 210)